Food for the insomniac gamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food for the insomniac gamer

When a game is too interesting to stop playing. But you get a growling in your stomach. Your hungry ; you havent been to the store in a few days. But your stock of_____ (insert cpu food) is good.

Anything to recommend? Cold Pizza, Pretzels, Jolt/mountain dew come to mind.

Gawk, you are making me hungry.
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

ignore the rumblings and keep playing

cold pizza, sandwiches, anything that you can eat with one hand (while playing with the other) and won't make a big mess if you drop it on your keyboard. i prefer sandwiches, as they don't leave your fingers greasy (so you can play with both hands between bites if necessary) and the crumbs aren't that messy
      Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

If you're playing a game like Civ3 with large wait times between turns then eating a bowl of cereal becomes very easy. That's what I do. No greasy hands, no spilling on the keyboard because you're waiting between turns and don't have to have at least one hand on the keyboard. A good chair and computer desk is all you need.

Now what does one do when mother nature comes a calling if you know what I mean..................
        signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

ramen

have piles of that stuff lying around if such a scenario arises. fast and easy and 5 days worth of sodium in one pack

Comment

Spinach or celery, keeps you healthy. A pound of spinach will fill you up and set you back about a hundred calories, a pound of celery will fill you up and set you back about negative-twenty calories. I've never felt better since I started eating pipe-cleaners for my midnight snacks.

Oh yeah, and try Code Red (the new Cherry flavored Mt. Dew).
            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Bourbon and coke seem to work for me.

It doesn't really fill me up, but it stops me from realizing I'm hungry
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Doritos, Pepsi and smokes
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Haupt. Dietrich

Now what does one do when mother nature comes a calling if you know what I mean..................
                  Diapers.....there a life saver during all nighters.

Code red...why havent I seen that here yet?

Comment

Peanuts are my snack of choice. Since I gave up smoking the tendency to eat through huge bags of them has become worrying so I try to stick to fruit instead.
                    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                    H.Poincaré

Comment

Tomatoes or fruits. Yeah, bananas are good, but make sure you get them from fair trade shops.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Don't forget the godfather of all snacks.

Microwave popcorn.

With the right set-up (microwave close by and a case of corn from the wharehouse store) you'll never have to get up.

R:PM
                        We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

hot pockets, chex mix, pringles, mountain dew, pizza (order it..then you can be really lazy!), sobe/snapple, cheese n crackers, fritos scoops and some salsa or queso, cookies, cheese nips

things to be wary off: anything messy like soup, ice cream (melts), fruits (juices get on your fingers and thus on the controller)
                          "Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy

Comment

Avacados. Raw and unpealed.

Comment

Originally posted by Anunikoba
                              Avacados. Raw and unpealed.

How 'bout the ol' baloney sandwich. Forget about the butter, mayonnaise, and mustard and it takes 5.2 seconds to make.

Comment

Working...
                              X