X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David versus Goliat...

The champ: Julius Brenzaida
    The challenger: Carolus Rex

Who is David and who is Goliat is left as an exercise to the reader's fantasy.

Thanks for the advice about putting pieces in the right squares, Julius. However, you need not worry. I have grown up with this notation, it is the anglo-saxian notation that is incomprehensible to me. Hence the following statement:

"I, Carolus Rex, do hereby solemny declare that any bad moves in the upcoming game with Julius Brenzaida are completely and utterly the result of bad judgement and lack of chess skill. They will have nothing whatsoever to do with misreading notation!"

If anyone of you still are not satisfied with this and insist on blaming my bad moves on notation controversies, then I pick the 5th amandment!

I also pick white.

Prepare to do battle.

"En garde!"

Carolus

1. e4

Carolus

Comment

Ok, so far so good! I'm not losing yet...

Carolus

Comment

En garde ? Je suis prêt !

Mmm, it's moving fast ! Please let me finish to drink my cup of champaign to celebrate my victory against kcbob before I play my first move.

------------------
        Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe
        Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

Certainly!

BTW, this game will not progress as fast as the previous one. I have a tight schedule right now and my free time goes to my number one addiction... Civ MP!

It may even take two or three days for a move, just so you know.

Carolus

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Julius Brenzaida on 02-08-2001 12:23 PM
            I thought about playing the Scandinavian against a Swede, but d5 will wait until the second move.

Instead you choose the French Defense against un francais! Oui, c'est vrai. Je suis né en France!

(Yes, I know about the cedille that goes with the c in francais. I just don't know how to type it with my keyboard.)

Carolus

Comment

1 e4 … e6
              2 d4

Carolus

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Julius Brenzaida on 02-08-2001 12:23 PM
                David and Goliath ???
                Lucky me ! I know that no Swedish piece is called the sling !

Maybe I lied when I posted the Swedish names for the pieces...

Carolus

Comment

1 e4 … e6
                  2 d4 … d5

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Carolus Rex on 02-08-2001 02:00 PM
                    Instead you choose the French Defense against un francais! Oui, c'est vrai. Je suis né en France!
                    Carolus

Sapristi, tel est pris qui croyait prendre !
                    Where do you come from ? My mother is from the Lorraine region : Florange, near Metz.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Carolus Rex on 02-08-2001 02:06 PM
                      Maybe I lied when I posted the Swedish names for the pieces...

Psychological warfare at its best ! Got to buy myself a swedish dictionnary ! Or find someone who speaks swedish ...

------------------

Comment

quote:

Certainly!

BTW, this game will not progress as fast as the previous one. I have a tight schedule right now and my free time goes to my number one addiction... Civ MP!

It may even take two or three days for a move, just so you know.

Carolus

I can just see it now!

Carolus wonders how Julius' knight, after being damaged in the battle with Carolus' pawn, managed to defeat his bishop as well. Said bishop being fortified on 50% defensive bonus terrain (ie: the black squares)!

Comment

1 e4 … e6

Comment

I thought about playing the Scandinavian against a Swede, but d5 will wait until the second move.
                            David and Goliath ???
                            Lucky me ! I know that no Swedish piece is called the sling !

------------------

Comment

Play good gentlemen.

You are our last hope Carolus.No pressure
                              The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Working...
                              X