More Wood Pushing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Wood Pushing

By hook or by crook I have managed a win over Carolus Rex to assume the unofficial championship.Now a new contender,Julius Brenzaida is banging on the door demanding an opportunity for fortune and glory.And so he shall have his chance.This could be another short reign.

white-Julius
    black-Smash

1.e4...c6
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

1 e4 c6
    2 Nc3

------------------
    Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe
    Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Smash on 11-13-2000 05:29 PM
      demanding an opportunity for fortune and glory.

Eh Smash what is it like to be rich and famous ?

------------------

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Smash on 11-13-2000 05:29 PM
        This could be another short reign.

I guess it's just a strange way of telling me you expect a long game !

------------------

Comment

1 e4...c6
          2 Nc3...d5

Rich and famous?.er...we are still waiting for the prize fund to come in.
          The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Smash on 11-14-2000 06:02 AM
            Rich and famous?.er...we are still waiting for the prize fund to come in.

That's right. Kasparov wouldn't play for less than a few millions of dollars.

------------------

Comment

President Buchanan.Now theres' a thought.

This the 2 knights variation of the Caro-Kann defense.So far anyway.

1 e4...c6
              2 Nc3...d5
              3 Nf3...Bg4

Comment

I've not been aware of the Smashing world series. Perhaps Maxxes (who had a short win over reismark) should bring himself over from the OTF. Seems to be a pool of distinguished wood-pushers from that thread eg vik and MtG.

Comment

Well,if we get too many players then there will have to be a candidates cycle

Comment

I've jus trecently gotten back in to playing chess, since I play during EOP (Educational opportunity period) twice a week at my school. It's a fun way to pass 40 mins or so. So how's this notation work? Chessmaster doesn't tell you how they do it

Comment

1 e4 ... c6
                      2 Nc3 ... d5
                      3 Nf3

------------------

Comment

1. ...c6?
                        2. ...d5??

Arrgghh!! Whatever happened to a simple Giouco Piano? Or Queen's Gambit? No wonder I got waxed in my first game. All I know is "White 1. 'x'4"

BTW. I have the prize money for the ACL (Apolyton Chess League nee Anterior Cruciate Ligament) safely tucked away in a "lock box" awaiting the results from Florida. It will be released and distributed to all concerned parties immediately after President Pat Buchanan's inauguration speech.

------------------
                        Frodo lives!
                        Frodo lives!

Comment

black
                          -A B C D E F G H
                          white

[This message has been edited by Smash (edited November 15, 2000).]

Comment

1 e4 ... c6
                            2 Nc3 ... d5
                            3 Nf3 ... Bg4
                            4 h3

------------------

Comment

1 e4 ... c6
                              2 Nc3 ... d5
                              3 Nf3 ... Bg4
                              4 h3....Bxf3

Comment

Working...
                              X