No announcement yet.

Worst game of all time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I downloaded the demo for Kingpin which was 100 MB in size.

After installing, which took 10 minutes for some reason, I could not get it to work.

Therefore, I now hate Kingpin

Comment

Klingon Honor Guard - Load, crash! Reload, crash! Re-reload, crash! Nuff said.

Hard Nova -- What an idea: The bad guys outnumber you, have better weapons, better armor, and heal faster. The only way to win a battle is to find a small room which has room for just one more person than is in your party. Everyone crowds into that tiny room. Then one-by-one the bad guys enter, and your five guys blast him. When your fighting 50-100 guys, this can take a really long time and is as exciting as watching Al Gore sleep.

Battlecruiser 3000: I haven't played it, but I've heard nothing but bad things about it. Like the game crashes after about 45 seconds.

Comment

I'm amazed that I had to get almost to the end of this thread before I saw Outpost mentioned. When Computer Gaming World published a list of the 50 worst games of all time, Outpost was at the top, and rightly so.

To those who mentioned MOO2 and Colonization: if those are the worst games you've ever played, you are truly blessed.
        "THE" plus "IRS" makes "THEIRS". Coincidence? I think not.

Comment

How could I forget "PRIVATEER 2"!?!? Another case of the designers jettisoning almost all of the good points in the original game, putting in great graphics, and turning out a sequel that is unplayable.

Comment

yes privateer sucked as did Populous for me. Don't know .... i found those little dudes to be like lemmings with karate. Chalk me up for a fan of Colonization... had a lot of fun with that. CTP is by far my biggest let down. Not even the graphics impressed me
            Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Well Rex, Moo2 is right up there with Imperialism 2 and Myst in terms of suckyness.

Oh, and I must add my voice to the supporters of Colonization!
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I would say destiny was the worst game ever, though Spacebucks, Airbucks and Outpost would receive honorable mentions. Destiny takes it because of all the bugs and mircomanagement to get things done. Even trying manage 5 CoH's can be nerve racking. Then there was numerous resourcse to take care of. All in all Destiny was not a good game at all.

Comment

Avalon Hill's Civil War 1861-1865. Terrible. The worst. No way to figure out how to give orders, units disappeared---I am talking entire Corps!!!!---, rules were seemingly random, and of course this is assuming you could get the game to run. The documentation gave absolutely no help. Never had a more frustrating experience.

I have bought a lot of games in my day. I'd say one out of five was worth my money---at best. I make sure I read reviews and read what players have to say about games before I buy now. Learned my lesson years ago.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Working...
                    X