Worst game of all time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst game of all time

So, what's the worst game you ever played? The worst sequel? The biggest disapointment?

I think Frontier ("Elite II")

The worst sequel ever is Caesar III. It removed the province mode, removed tactical battle control, and made it impossible to earn money through taxes. It also managed to change the beautiful graphics in Caesar II to something really ugly and abstract.:-)

The biggest dissapointment is Alpha Centauri. I loved the demo but the final product turned out rather dull and heavy on micromanagement.

(I haven't tried CtP and don't plan to)

------------------
    St. Leo
    www.sidgames.com/imperialism/
    www.sidgames.com/sidportal/
    www.sidgames.com/forums/
    Member of the AUP!
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

recently i'd have to say saga frontier

------------------
      i've seen the man use the needle, (seen the needle use the man) --megadeth

Comment

I'd have to say any cheap Doom clone.

Of course, there are some horrid Doom levels like these:

The Baron episode (Doom I, Episode II)
        Doom 2099 (Doom II, all 32 levels)
        Anything made by "Blade"
        Any TC that doesn't live up to its expectations (like AlienTC)

Comment

I never played it, but from what I understand, StarCraft: Insurrection was abominable and bad.

------------------
          The One Who Guards the Deeps
          The One Who Guards the Deeps

Comment

Conquest of the New World was a waste.

Lords of the Realm II was a pain to install. I bought it before I had W95 and could not get it to run under DOS. Months later I upgraded to W95 and found LOTR2 in the bargin bin. It installed OK, but could not get into playing it.

I thought Ascedancy was cool, untill I found MOO II.

I could probably think of some other wastes.

Comment

Railroad Tycoon II. they got rid of the gates. It's been turned into a simple game of trade with nice graphics. Again! programmers destroy a game just for fancy graphics.

Comment

Starcraft: Stellar Forces was by far the worst piece of crap ever to exist. All of its scenarios were totally useless. I threw that CD away, it was such a piece of crap.

Darklands was also a piece of crap too.

Comment

The biggest disappointment, for me, is Civ: Call to Power. Another example of how to throw away a wonderful gameplay just for fancy graphics.

Alexnm
                  I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

The worst game was Colonization. Bryan Reynolds eally showed how bad a designer he is in that game.
                    Clovis Roi de Frankterre, Allemagne, Frisia, et Aquitaine.

Comment

The worst game of all time was a fantasy CRPG called DeathLord for the old Apple II.

The world was divided into two halves, and when you died the game auto-restored. Unfortunately it restored to the last save in THAT HALF OF THE WORLD. So you could lose weeks of playing time if you died in the wrong place. There was no way to tell which half of the world you were in, of course.

It also just generally made no sense. You would wander into a dungeon to find out how hard it was. There was no plot to speak of and the dungeon design was terrible. The fighting was repetitive and slow. You died all the time. And the only really cool thing was that it used Oriental Adventures character classes instead of the more typical knights, paladins and wizards.

Comment

Destiny sounded so great in the promos, and was Such and Awful Turkey. It was By Far the worst gaming disappointment I've ever had. Even Compared to Colonization, Destiny was a micromanagement nightmare.

------------------
                        Mark Everson
                        Project lead for The Clash of Civilizations
                        (That means I do the things nobody else wants to do ;-) )
                        This Radically different civ game needs your suggestions and/or criticism of our design.
                        Check our our Forum right here at Apolyton...

Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
                        A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
                        Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Comment

Destiny.....

hmmm....

That wasn't that nasty strategy game which was basically some cheap clone to civ2 and similar games was it?

It looked awesome and they even promised 3d movement. That was a total waste of money. I played that game for 20 minutes before throwing it in the trash.

Comment

Sim Farm, SIM FARM!

Alex, I think CTP is still a very good game, although Civ2 gives you the best feeling.

------------------
                            "Politics are nothing but common sense applied to greater matters"
                            Napoléon Bonaparte
                            TNapoleon
                            Cartographer-The Third War @ sidgames.com
                            Webmaster-Napoleão's Civilization II World www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Ring/7014
                            "I'm really an american right-winger, i love the army and hate a forigners, communists, anarchists and ******s. I also belive in god and the american constitution."
                            -Kropotkin
                            I invented the question mark.
                            -Imran Siddiqui
                            TNapoleon
                            Former Resident SidGamer
                            Current Pandemonio.ORG Webmaster
                            FOREIGN ADVISER - People's Republic of Off-Topic (PROT)

Comment

1st)
                              The worst game was Ultima VI... it misses the flair of the old ones, has a really screwy world design, a travel-round-long-ways-plot
                              and too few monsters

2nd)
                              DON´T SAY THAT BOUT COLONIZATION !!!
                              it rules more than any Civ did
                              the micromanagement with professions and the
                              new resource management makes it a A-OK
                              PLUS:
                              the graphics give it a special flair - all in the game fits perfectly to create a historical aura.. it´s the best Sid Meier game ever... I still play it a lot !!!
                              None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely belive they are free. (Goethe)

Comment

Working...
                              X