No announcement yet.

Alpha Centauri / Call to Power: My opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imran: --Of course, he is going to biased, but good points are brought out by his argument.--

Like what? How to make an illogical marketing advertisement in 4 easy steps?

--This group is untested in the TBS realm.--

As I recall, weren't Reynolds "the Great," and Meier "the Almighty," relatively untested when the latter made Civilization and the former Civilization II? And yet we can both agree these are wonderful games (albiet with flaws). Is then the fallacy in this so-called "good point" of your fearless leader clear?

Wait a minute! This is Imran I'm talking to, of course not. While arguably less ludicrous then assuming game balancing and AI will suffer due to an increase in unit types, the assumption that the teams experience in TBS will take away from their making a good game is obviously trivial.

They seem very dedicated and they may in fact pull off a much better game than BRAC (yes that's right, Imran, it's quite possible, shield your virgin eyes if you must that you might not read this). And it is self evident that, for all his arrogance, Reynolds and his team might very well fail to create a successful follow-up to their last effort.

Certainly it has happened before, where original creators of a hit could not follow it up with a decent sequel, in both games and movies. Therefore the Star Wars analogy your great leader makes is laughable, it serves only to stroke his own ego.

And it's very annoying when an individual with this pretentious way about him comes and makes arrogant statements in the interests of marketing.

That said, when the SMAC demo comes out I'll see for myself whether or not I like the game. Hopefully there will be a CTP demo when CTP is ready as well. I am happy that Firaxis sees fit to offer a demo...although the scope of the demo remains in question. I hope Activision does the same.

--And, because of the hostile reaction I have recieved, I might not get CTP now.--

We're crushed... really.

--You people have turned me off of it.--

Absolutely hearbroken... can't you tell? Really Imran, it's your loss not ours (no Imran to deal with on multiplayer... ah the grass looks green again).

--I know that is not a good reason, but it is reason enough for me.--

That should be your credo, Imran, that line of reasoning permeates every post you make and probably every thought you have.

Red Trotskyite,
    POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

Comment

There are very few people who can discuss things with such a spirit like you, Red.
      You succied in making all posts, even about games, into a whole legendary statement that crushes all other opinions like they came from small childeren.
      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

notice mr. reynolds has yet to respond...

Mr. Temba
        Save the Manatees

Comment

I think the guy forgot that he ever posted here.
          DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

OH NOOOOOOO000000000000OOOOOOOOOOO0000000OOOOOOOOOOO! !!!
            Imran isn't gonna buy CTP??? How else can I then beat the crap out of him??? How else can I take my anger out on him???
            Any ideas people? How else can I KILL him?

Comment

Buy SMAC instead, when he discovers that you have bought it too, he'll decide to buy CTP to avoid confrontation.
              Afterwards buy CTP, by this he cannot flee anymore.
              Unless he buys Imperialism II ofcourse ...

Comment

This is the second time Brian Reynolds has posted on these C:CTP forums, and the last time he never replied either. I don't think that he ever reads this board, only posts (not that I think he ought to). I'm only saying that maybe you shouldn't waste your time trying to get his attention. I could be wrong though--maybe he visits all the time.

By the way, this may be a stupid question, but is Sid Meiers even working on SMAC? He's been moved around so much recently, that I can't remember where he's working. Red here, keeps calling it BRAC.

Comment

Imran isn't going to buy CtP.
                  I was never planning on buying SMAC.
                  Once again, I am amazed at how the universe keeps everything in balance.

Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                  -Richard Dawkins

Comment

If BRAC spelling is [brak] - in Russian it means thing that stopped before leave the factory because of quality control, i.e. not good thing, corrupted.

Comment

To Stalker:
                      Your post is delicious.
                      (I laughed in about 3 minutes after reading it)
                      thanx
                      klaus

Comment

I laughed for 3 minutes too! But for another reason.

Its SMACABRD, not BRAC. Its really funny when people try to make jokes, but they are really just putting down themselves.
                        "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Especially for Apocalypse:

If SMAC spelling is [smak] - in Russian it means delicious thing (sleng word) i.e. "I ate yesterday something, it was smac".

How deep did I put myself now?

Maybe SMAC aka BRAC aka SMACABRD (what does that last mean, could anyone explain to me?) is very good game. I trust you, but anyway I don't like that one. It's like I don't like honey, nothing personally.

Comment

SMACABRD = Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri A Brian Reynolds Design
                            Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

LOL

frankly my dear, after playing SMAC for 2 days then moving one saved game to the ZIP files to finish it up when i finaly buy Smack(probably AFTER spring break now) i Realy dont give a damn fo Brians Arogance.

unless the Games a hell of a lot better than the demo i may smack-a-bird off my hardrive faster than Hexplore.

Comment

now that i saw my own post, i have to state that the typo (leaving the word "take" off just befor Smac-a-Bird) works a whole lot beter than what i MENT to say

Comment

Working...
                                X