No announcement yet.

Cheaters, UNITE!!!1!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cheaters, UNITE!!!1!!

Originally posted by Zero

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

WhY aRe YoU sTiLL hErE!!!!!!!!????????????????????
    tEh WhAcK!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!

ps: if u havent noticed already that i only come to poly to spam / troll / and random chat, than u really are a ****ing moron.

And my best wishes to you too, Im sure.

Your humble and obediant servant,
    Lord of the Mark
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Ah, good to see that LotM is as much a wet blanket here as he is in the OT.

I've never cheated in Multiplayer, but I do it from time to time in SP, particularly to remove frustration when I'm stuck somewhere.

Besides the standard "reload" cheat, some of my favorites in the pas include:

Civ I: (DOS) Shift+12345678 = reveal the whole map and max out your treasury. You could also click inside enemy cities and sell improvements.

Ultima V: Not a cheat, per se, but an exploit. In the basement of Lord British's castle was a room locked by magic that contained 3 chests full of magic items, gold and other loot. Once you got magic keys (an infinite, free supply of which could be obtained in Minoc in a hollow tree at midnight), you could enter the room, take everything and hock whatever was extra for tons of gold. Best part: The chests regenerated every day. So you could easily max out your gold and have kick-ass weapons and armor (including the venerable Magic Axe).

SimCity 2000: I don't recall the precise codes, but you could use ones to get more money at the start. Or you could use one in-game, but if you used it too much, the Death Star would appear and start blasting away your city.

Civ 2: Cheat menu, 'nuff said. If I were hopelessly losing, I'd just say "**** it!" and cheat my ass off.

GTA3: Of course you use the cheat codes! That's when it's most fun! My favorite was to get the tank and just roll around the city with cops coming out the wazoo.

Civ 3: I've set up a few games where my start location was so ridiculously good that I zoomed ahead of the competition. Or I've altered my UU to be nearly-invincible. Just for ****s and giggles.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I've got to admit I've TGM'ed a couple times in Morrowind...
        / nearly a MMORPG
        cIV list: cheats
        Now watch this drive!

Comment

i once dueled a friend on dm6 in netquake using the infamous stooge bot. of course he was using it too. it was really quite funny at the time fooling around with it. especially dueling each other and seeing how insane both our shafts(aka the lightning gun) were. the stooge was amazing considering how old it is now. probably the first popular aimbot.

i don't have much a problem with aimbots personally. i also rarely if ever encounter someone i'm convinced is using an aimbot so that may have a lot to do with it. not many aimbots in serious duels/team games. sure, it can be annoying sometimes but generally i can beat them. good players are always a few levels above aimbots players(who usually can't move very good or have good level knowledge, etc). plus if you put up stiff competition they are more likely to leave by themselves.
          Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

In Halo I once took the oddball to the bottom of Damnation (You're supposed to die when you fall off the edge, but if you know how, you can survive the fall to the "floor" of the level.) It's nearly impossible to get there, but it can be done. I didn't use any trainers or anything to get there. Just my uber-1337ness.
            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by pg
              i once dueled a friend on dm6 in netquake using the infamous stooge bot. of course he was using it too. it was really quite funny at the time fooling around with it. especially dueling each other and seeing how insane both our shafts(aka the lightning gun) were. the stooge was amazing considering how old it is now. probably the first popular aimbot.

i don't have much a problem with aimbots personally. i also rarely if ever encounter someone i'm convinced is using an aimbot so that may have a lot to do with it. not many aimbots in serious duels/team games. sure, it can be annoying sometimes but generally i can beat them. good players are always a few levels above aimbots players(who usually can't move very good or have good level knowledge, etc). plus if you put up stiff competition they are more likely to leave by themselves.
              This was certainly true back around the stooge bot time. It's not really true for the later Quake 3 bots, as I've said before. Even Fata1ity would have to struggle duelling against a halfway decent cheat.

Comment

I always save and reload on OCC, simply because there's no other way to do it. (well, I could ignore the huts completely )
                I reload in BG now and again, but not terribly often. I don't mind if characters reach the stage where it will require all of my healing to get them back fit again, but will reload if one of them buys it. I've got my party together now, and won't be changing it.
                Other than that, I don't play many games. I don't cheat in those few that I do still play.

Comment

I don't cheat in MP because the basic fact that I don't play MP. But I don't often cheat in SP too. Usually, when bored, I put some funny codes, like in AoE you can have the photonman. And in civ-games I sometimes but the "all tech" cheat on, but just to watch the wonders of the New Times, like the aeroplane.
                  The Chuck Norris military unit was not used in the game Civilization 4, because a single Chuck Norris could defeat the entire combined nations of the world in one turn.
                  - Chuck Norris Facts

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                    spamming a troll thread is being a wetblanket????
                    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

and thank you for getting personal.

Comment

GTA3: Of course you use the cheat codes! That's when it's most fun! My favorite was to get the tank and just roll around the city with cops coming out the wazoo.
                        You can do that without cheats. And therein lies the fun.
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I liked the old-fashioned style of cheats. In old shoot-em-ups and things like that, you could have cheats available, but you had to put the codes in on the high score table, and it was a decent achievement to get there in itself. This is a little like the system that the more recent Tony Hawks games have used: you earn cash in the game and can then buy better things, with various (mostly rubbish) cheats among them.

Comment

yay no one wants to crucify me for using maphack... does that mean im forgiven?

Oh and LotM

t3h wHaCk is t3h OppOsiTe oF t3h SeX!!!!
                            :-p

Comment

oh and all the duping and cheating in diablo ii, thats different. That felt more like cheating in SP to me.
                              although it cmpletely did ruin diablo ii community by ****ing up the economy.
                              :-p

Comment

Originally posted by Zero
                                yay no one wants to crucify me for using maphack... does that mean im forgiven?
                                No, you should be forever locked in a room with only a PC and a copy of the Sims.

Comment

Working...
                                X