Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am the feared doctor . Stats to follow post musing.

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
      The great detective as a gladiator? I don't know if the universe can handle that.
      Tko: It was you who killed him!

Theben: How do you deduce that?

Tko: Well I saw you stab him with your sword in front of 10,000 witnesses.

Truly the greatest detective whose name ends in -tko.

Comment

Originally posted by ljcvetko
        Is it still open?

If yes, I'll apply with this equipment:

Weapon: 16
        Armour: 4
        Noted.

However, I won't be able to start until Monday.
        A Monday start is planned, so that should cause no problems.

If you want the crowds to be cheering you on, then an alias is definitely required .

And if we stay with 8 I suggest 2 combatants in the initial round, to get the newcomers feet wet. This will also allow the Doc, Jamski, Spaced, and Drogue to to fight each other in the final round robin (the 4 who are most experienced, IMHO).

My current plan is to draw up a table of which matches go into which chunk of the initial round and then to randomly assign the contestants to slots in the table.

With 9 contestants, I guess we use the same slightly asymmetric system as Gladiator III, and have most people facing 2/3/3, but one person gets 2/2/4

Comment

Originally posted by J Bytheway
          My current plan is to draw up a table of which matches go into which chunk of the initial round and then to randomly assign the contestants to slots in the table.

With 9 contestants, I guess we use the same slightly asymmetric system as Gladiator III, and have most people facing 2/3/3, but one person gets 2/2/4
          I suggest you read the Glad III round-robin section. You need to have the same people fighting each other every round, so one person fighting 2-2-4 won't work. Of course with lj-tko we can do 3-3-3 now.

I still suggest having those 4 square off against each other in the final round robin, as they are the most dangerous. It'll allow for others to have a chance for a late comeback (as I did).
          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I don't get it Theben, each player fights every other player once. His plan could work, we just need to see details. Not sure why it isn't 2-3-3 (or 3-2-3 or 3-3-2) fights though each update, like last time.

Comment

Would it be passe to request the weapon/amroumr astasts removed?

Apolgies fro ytypwzs, but OI couldn't be ****ed retyping them.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Why would the weapon/armour stats be removed?

Comment

Cuz it adds a level of obstrufication. Itr makes it harder to get to the guts of the game - the strategy behind theg game. Thants my tak ei on it anyeay.

Altnough its been how many games without me figuring out how amrour/ weapons work. And I got to the semis with that/.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

It doesn't add to the strategty level of the game, just puts the people less able to understand howt eh states are used ast a disadvantage. Due to my distinct lack of being able to put the stats into a usable, thinkable model, this puts me at a disadvantage while not increasing the strategic potential of my opponents.

Comment

Maybe we'll talk about it in the morning when you are sobre.

I am against the suppression of stats. The blend of skill and luck is already neat in my opinion.

Comment

I suggest you read the Glad III round-robin section. You need to have the same people fighting each other every round,

Eh? If the same people fight each other every round then noone will get to fight everyone...

so one person fighting 2-2-4 won't work.

With an odd number of players (like the 9 we now have) it's impossible for them all to simultaneously take part in an odd number of matches (like 3), because that wouldn't give a whole number of matches. Thus, one of the players must have an even number of opponents.

Of course with lj-tko we can do 3-3-3 now.

Unless I missed someone we only have 9 players, which means 8 opponents, not 3+3+3...

Regarding weapon/armour stats, I think they should stay - if nothing else, they mean that each opponent is different, and prevent players being boring and just sending the same orders for every fight. It should make people stop and think about their orders, which is a good thing.

Comment

Regarding Weapons/Armor it does add a level of complexity to the game that might not be there otherwise. I proposed it, and no one objected so it was in. However, I realized that the game needs to evolve to stay fun and trying to calc in my W/A stats was getting to be a major undertaking in the last game. I would vote to remove them for one competition as a trial, since I'm having trouble setting on a combo anyway.
                          We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

No way should they be removed..........they were an excellent addition to promote variety and a little more depth, and the only reason for omitting them is that Skanky hasn't bothered to work out how they function!

Comment

Its not like I'm alone in not having them worked out. The only thing they do is seperate those who work them out from those who don't, providing easy kills for the former group without any need for strategy.

Comment

Well, if anyone else objects I'll consider cutting them out, but until then I think they're best left in.

Just to prove that you can have 9 persons with 2/3/3 opponents and 1 with 2/2/4, observe the following table, where pairs labelled a,b,c are matched up in the first, second and third chunks of the initial bouts respectively (player 9 is the odd one out):

Code:

1 !aabbbccc
                                2 a!caccbbb
                                3 ac!babbcc
                                4 bab!baccc
                                5 bcab!cabc
                                6 bcbac!cab
                                7 cbbcac!ba
                                8 cbccbab!a
                                9 cbcccbaa!

Comment

Working...