This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gladiator IV Signup

Post here if you want to play in the next gladiator tournament. Number of players will be between 8-16.

The Rules, as of Gladiator III:
    1. You get 100 points to start, you gain no extra points by winning.

2. You must distribute your 100 points to 3 attack/defend/power per combat round.
    EX:
    1st A11 D11 P11
    2nd A12 D8 P15
    3rd A15 D2 P15
    No more than 50 points per line. Each ADP is compared to the opponents ADP. 1st<-->1st, etc.

3. Ties result in 50% power damage rounded down, afterweapons and armor are calculated . 0 attack 0 defense ties are possible.

4. Each player has 20 points to distribute to weapons and armour. This is public knowledge and is sent in with your gladiators name. Half of these points are added to each of the 3 A/Ds. They also add their full values to power (if hit) and subtract from power (if hit) respectively.

EX: Player 1 selects a weapon rating of 12 and an armor of 8, for 20 total. Player B selects a weapon 9 and armor 11. They then fight each other. Player A selects 3 sets of orders:

12-08-10= 30
    05-20-00= 25
    20-05-20= 45, for a total of 100.

Player B has selected:
    05-15-10= 30
    20-00-20= 40
    05-20-05= 30, for 100. No one line can equal more than 50.

These are in turn modified by their weapons and armor, and so look like this when complete:

Code:
    Player A            Player B
    att def pow      att  def   pow
    18  12  22       9.5  20.5  19 
    11  24  12       24.5 05.5  29
    26  09  32       9.5  25.5  14
    So for the 1st swing, (18-20.5) is negative, so player misses, as does player B, since (9.5-12) is also negative.
    2nd swing both opponents hit each other (11-5.5=positive #, also 24.5-24). Player A does very little; his total is (0+12-11)=1 hit point of damage. Player B hit for (20+9-8)=21 h.p.'s.
    3rd and final swing Player A hits again (26-25.5) as does Player B (9.5-9). Player A does 21 damage (20+12-11) and Player B does 6 (5+9-8). The round ends with Player A down 27 hp's, and Player B down 22. The lost hit points will have no effect on points used for ADP in future combats; ADP always equals 100.

Note that since one player has an odd number for A/D and the other even, these 2 players will never have a tied result.

5. You will have two rounds against each opponent. Every win you have will give you 3 points, ever draw 1, and every time you lose you collect 0. You will gain 1 bonus point if you reduce your opponent to 0 HP, while remaining alive yourself. If you have 0 HP in the heats, you are presumed to be incapacitated, but will recover for your other bouts. In the knockout stages, 0 HP means that you're dead. The 4 contestants with the most points will go through to the semi-finals, which are fights to the death.

1. Theben
    2. DrSpike
    3. Jamski
    4. Spaced Cowboy
    5. J Bytheway
    6. gjramsey
    7. Vlad Antlerkov
    8. Drogue

Previous versions of Gladiator:

Gladiator -poly- 2 "The Competition"
    Gladiator -poly- 2 "The Competition" Part Deux
    Gladiator III - Let the Battle Commence!
    Gladiator III - Let the Battles Continue!
    Last edited by Theben; April 28, 2004, 09:55.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Gladiator was initially very different. Those 2 you linked to are the only competitions you want, especially since I didn't win the original.

Btw, in.

Comment

I figured you's want in.

As well as most if not all of the previous players.
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Might be a good idea to edit the rules in to the first post. We want to attract some new players.

Comment

Done, with some minor change in wording.

Comment

Add a sample calc with some weapon armour stats and 3 rounds to show how things are calculated. Some people *cough* Skanky *cough* still don't understand it.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
              Add a sample calc with some weapon armour stats and 3 rounds to show how things are calculated. Some people *cough* Skanky *cough* still don't understand it.
              And SC, which is amusing considering he ran the 2nd tourney.

Comment

I probably won't be a part of this one, time contraints being what they are. Besides, I like being the only person to kill The Doctor
                Smile
                For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

It's ok if you don't want to play..........we understand.

And we're 1-1, though your win was slightly more significant.

Winning the last tournament without losing a game means that in some 20 games I only lost once. Not too shabby, so my record is nicer.

Comment

Count me in of course

-Jam
                    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

True, we are 1-1, but that still gives me the honour of being the only person to defeat you at all, let alone kill you. However the last tourney, I doubt that would have been repeated. You seemed to have a lot of luck/psychology with the right strategies, more than I would have expected. Game theory wise, it's a great game though, and I've already used it in one debate on the subject
                      Smile

Comment

Well I think I performed well against the Doc. In the one round where I received my heavy injuries I read him correctly in that he would strike in the 1st and 3rd set, but fell ~5 pts. shy in defense. That round could've gone either way, IMHO. Anyway, I learned a thing or 2.

Comment

Really?

I hope you gave the original idea credit to the right person, and the development of the idea credit to the other right person.

-Jam
                          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue
                            You seemed to have a lot of luck/psychology with the right strategies, more than I would have expected.
                            Luck?!

Hehe, I hope you join. If not maybe we shall meet again. Don't know where, don't know when.

Comment

Well, much of deciding which attack to do each strategy in, and the exact amounts to put in each, is luck. Sure, there's some psychology, but there's certainly a reasonable amount of luck.

I realy don't want to put my name down. I'd like to play, but as you saw with my GMing, towards the end I ran out of time to do it. I have much work to do, so need to cut down 'Poly time atm. A pity, cause I'd have liked to, but I really can't put my name down then have to drop out later.
                              Smile

Comment

Working...
                              X