Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's laugh at this loserish top 100 games of all time list!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there NON-opinion based flames?

But the FF series isn't really turn-based, at least not from IV onwards. And Civ is most definitely turn-based, and it's fun, so...

The Wild Arms series has some good ideas that were poorly implemented, much like FF6. It doesn't help that the graphics sucked for the first two and the third was a ripoff of FF8 instead of playing to the series's own strengths.

As for RPGs in general, Star Ocean 2 rules. The SaGa games have a terrific system manacled by design flaws, but a good game of SF1 can get very deep once you understand it. I don't play PC RPGs at all, as I hate having to upgrade hardware, and sitting in front of a keyboard frantically jabbing at a joystick lacks the fun of crashing on a couch with a drink and some chips.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• star ocean2 was ok. for an rpg, if i didnt feel like ripping it to shreds... thats an accomplishment.

wild arms 1 had pretty good graphic for its time (which was like early ps1 era before ff7)

well ff series is semi turn based i guess. especially if u have game set on active.
      :-p

Comment

• You ever play one of the SaGa Frontier games, Zero? Not that Unlimited SaGa crap for PS2, I hear they really screwed it up, but SF or SF2 for the PSOne. Very unconventional, quick RPGs with unusual complexities to abuse. Like getting a team of five gunners with the quickdraw, twogun and boundshot techs in the first one. That nets you a guaranteed super-painful five-person combo at the very beginning of a fight...
        1011 1100

Comment

• ya kno wat, i never gave it a try.
          maybe i should.
          :-p

Comment

• Yeah, it's one of those series that some people love to death and some people absolutely hate. There's no telling whether you'll be among the former or the latter, but if you like it you'll probably like it a lot.
            1011 1100

Comment

• KOTOR is piece of crap. SO is morrowind. SO YOU SUCK!!!1!
              I played morrowind. and after 5 min of playing i dozed off. and before I NEVER FELL ASLEEP WHILE PLAYING A GAME EVER WTF ROFL!!!11!!!
              No....
              Attached Files
              Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
              Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

• I must ad htough, that you do make a good argument, so good in fact thta all I can respond with, is this awesome picture psoted above.
                Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
                Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Working...
                X