Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's laugh at this loserish top 100 games of all time list!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Let's laugh at this loserish top 100 games of all time list!

Originally posted by Jaguar

Civ got a respectable number in the teens, but this is simply the worst concieved list I have ever seen. Some highlights include Wolfenstein 3D and Simcity both being beaten by Virtua Tennis, a Sega Dreamcast game. Yes, I kid you not, a Dreamcast game.

I have it on good authority that Virtua Tennis was a very good tennis game, even if no-one played it 'cos it was on the Dreamcast. It was recently remade (badly) for the PC.
    Diderot was right!
    Our weapons are backed with UNCLEAR WORDS!
    Please don't go, the drones need you.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero
      Starcraft = 1996 - today

SC came out in 1998.

My Top Fifteen

0. Civilization II
      1. Total Annihilation
      2. Europa Universalis II
      3. Imperialism
      4. Warlords Battlecry II
      5. Warlords III
      6. Doom2
      7. Transport Tycoon Deluxe
      8. Heroes of Might & Magic II
      9. Duke3D

10. Kohan
      11. Imperialism II
      12. SimCity 2000
      13. Serious Sam
      14. Caesar II
      Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

Really youre being sarcastic, no?

we have avid Simcity players, and those who despise the Simcity games, we have folks who are deep into FPS and those who never play them, Sims players and Sims haters, wargame enthusiasts and those whove never played a wargame, and some who arent even quite sure what one is. We have Paradox enthusiasts, and Paradox haters, etc.

About the only thing we have in common is a liking for at least ONE of the Civ related TBS - and even there, the Civ2, CTP, SMAC, and Civ3 camps are sometimes bitterly divided.
        Nah difference in taste we generally have are about as wide and diverse as quake VS UT.... Sims, wargames and civ games are basically the same old thing to people outside that dont know it. Maybe u guys see it as crazy diverse, but someone on the outside wont.

I mean, on Shoryuken.com, theres crazy diversity! people playing virtua fighter 4, street fighter 2, madden, NBA live! some lil FPS games here and there.. etc.

If I were to ask who played civ there, id get the same response as who played guilty gear XX:R here. ANyway this kind of representation is only natural cause these sites are about bringing people who have similar interest together anyway.

And there arent many FPS gamers here. Name like ten.. out of hundreds here in poly.
        :-p

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar

Sorry, but I have now lost all respect for you.
          actually jaguar, WC2 was a game that got better and better with patches and ****.

When first released it was pretty broken gayness.

Comment

If I were to ask who played civ there, id get the same response as who played guilty gear XX:R here.
            Who played what?

I think you'd be a bit more successful there. Civ is a famous franchise, and chances are some people of Shoryuken actually tried it some time
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

guilty gear XX:R was really succesful in japan. It is praised as one of the best fighter to date.

Okay fine, ill name a fighter thats bit more known. VIrtua fighter 4. It was really big. Yeah still the "huh" right.

Comment

I played one of the early ones once on the Sega Saturn.

Comment

Nah difference in taste we generally have are about as wide and diverse as quake VS UT.... Sims, wargames and civ games are basically the same old thing to people outside that dont know it. Maybe u guys see it as crazy diverse, but someone on the outside wont.

I mean, on Shoryuken.com, theres crazy diversity! people playing virtua fighter 4, street fighter 2, madden, NBA live! some lil FPS games here and there.. etc.

If I were to ask who played civ there, id get the same response as who played guilty gear XX:R here. ANyway this kind of representation is only natural cause these sites are about bringing people who have similar interest together anyway.

And there arent many FPS gamers here. Name like ten.. out of hundreds here in poly.
                  here in other games id say like at least 50% or so have at least SOME interest in FPS. And id say its easier to get a long thread going here about an RPG like BG or Morrowind than it is to get a thread going about a wargame. Are you really suggesting that an RPG is just another variant on TBS?
                  "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Seriously, why hate on dreamcast? everybody loves DC.
                    Excellent sarcasm, almost thought you were serious.

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

here in other games id say like at least 50% or so have at least SOME interest in FPS. And id say its easier to get a long thread going here about an RPG like BG or Morrowind than it is to get a thread going about a wargame. Are you really suggesting that an RPG is just another variant on TBS?
                      Asked a friend who hates "boring" games

me: Do you think theres a difference between RPG and wargames?
                      friend: no ****.
                      friend: Warcraft III > Ever bore
                      me: ... -_-
                      me: I dont think thats considered a wargame.
                      me: I think.
                      friend: ?
                      me: Actually I dont even know what wargame is.
                      me: all I know is that its supposed to be historical and really boring.
                      friend: ?
                      friend: yeah it does
                      me: t3h wHaCk
                      friend: werd

average joe schmoe friend.
                      me (8:28:02 PM): i gots
                      me (8:28:05 PM): cant sendz
                      me (8:28:21 PM): how about difference between turn based game and rpg
                      me (8:28:26 PM): are they the same
                      friend (8:28:39 PM): WARGAMES ARE NOT TURN BASED
                      me (8:28:52 PM): how bout turn based VS RPG tho
                      me (8:28:57 PM): same thing?
                      me (8:29:57 PM): no im not asking about wargame anymore
                      friend (8:30:16 PM): turn base is rpg

just a common conception of people who dont give a **** about civ or ur wargames etc... yea it may be wrong but thats how it is. "its all the same".

Comment

No offense Zero, but I wouldn't really trust the type of people you probably associate yourself with at all...
                        Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                        Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

my point is: ask any non geeks. its all the same ****.

tass, these people are waay more worth associating myself with than people like myself and you.

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb

Excellent sarcasm, almost thought you were serious.
                            DC is the greatness ya fool

Comment

my point is: ask any non geeks. its all the same ****.
                              Tsk. My FATHER can make the difference between Civ and Morrowind. In Civ, you character doesn't appear on the screen
                              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

bnet edition is r0xor
                                Possibly, still, I dread clickfests. As a result, the only way I play RTS is solo, so I can have time to pause the game to look around and think about what to do. Since Warcraft 2 -- really, all Blizzard RTS - sucks in single player campaign mode, that's how I see the game.
                                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                                X