Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's laugh at this loserish top 100 games of all time list!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well to weigh in with an opinion in this minefield I lean towards UR's view, as I said earlier. Any all time lists for anything where there is natural progression only really make sense if you evaluate the games/players/whatever in comparison with their peer group.

In recent discussions with CoT in similar threads I have repeatedly said that outside of a few games in a few genres gaming today is the best it's ever been. However if making a top 100 list I would still put some games that may be objectively better below infuential games that were giants in their own time frame. IMO that's the only reasonable way to proceed.

Sure you could make an objective top 100 as Zero wants but it wouldn't be anything like as interesting.

Comment

• It's because you called them 'better'.

well if u know me, u know what my defintion of better game is. either way, yes, better game is soo subjective.

Sure you could make an objective top 100 as Zero wants but it wouldn't be anything like as interesting.

I guess i can agree to that. And with that I give up on this subject. Too many IMOs...

(gotta love how you push your lack of eloquence to the extreme when talking about this topic )

:-p

Comment

• Dreamcast gave birth to Shenmue, which gave birth to SHenmue 2 o nthe xbox, which rules!

quote:
        Originally posted by Zero
        As about as eloquent as my ass. How does that have anything to do with the subject. who the **** gives a **** if i didnt post my **** as fromally as if i was writing for the ny times.

live wit it and stop trying to steer the subject away from something else u ****ing ***.

(gotta love how you push your lack of eloquence to the extreme when talking about this topic )
        OOOH boy, a humorous flame war, KEEP GOING, BUT WAIT FOR ME TO GET MY BOWL OF POPCORN, AND RECLINER.

SMAC is a better game, but I'd list Civ2 higher on a Top 100 games list of all time because influence counts.
        BAH! You must also be a strict constructionalist!
        Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
        Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

• How about this list:

1. SMAC
          2. CIV2
          3. C3C
          4. SMAX
          5: PTW
          6. CIV1
          7. Ctp2
          8. CIV3
          9. CtP
          10 Antietam
          11. Gettysburg
          12. RoN
          . . .
          100. SimGolf
          Diderot was right!
          Our weapons are backed with UNCLEAR WORDS!
          Please don't go, the drones need you.

Comment

• Originally posted by bipolarbear
            quote:
            Originally posted by Zero
            As about as eloquent as my ass. How does that have anything to do with the subject. who the **** gives a **** if i didnt post my **** as fromally as if i was writing for the ny times.

live wit it and stop trying to steer the subject away from something else u ****ing ***.

(gotta love how you push your lack of eloquence to the extreme when talking about this topic )!
            OMG Either I pwnzed myself or I have SpLiT pErSoNaLiTy!1!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Proserpine
              How about this list:

1. SMAC
              2. CIV2
              3. C3C
              4. SMAX
              6. CIV1
              7. Ctp2
              8. CIV3
              9. CtP
              10 Antietam
              11. Gettysburg
              12. RoN
              . . .
              100. SimGolf

It's a bit myopic, duncha think?
              Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

• Sim golf shouldn't eve nmake top 1000

Comment

• How did they decide who got on the original lsit? Did they have people vote, or was it an arbitrary decision? Or did each game company have to pay?

Comment

• Originally posted by St Leo
                    Originally posted by Proserpine
                    How about this list:

1. SMAC
                    2. CIV2
                    3. C3C
                    4. SMAX
                    6. CIV1
                    7. Ctp2
                    8. CIV3
                    9. CtP
                    10 Antietam
                    11. Gettysburg
                    12. RoN
                    . . .
                    100. SimGolf

It's a bit myopic, duncha think?
                    No, I really like TBS, though I was joking (slightly). There are 6 games there on my list which I haven't even played.
                    Diderot was right!
                    Our weapons are backed with UNCLEAR WORDS!
                    Please don't go, the drones need you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiffor
                      I like the series because of FF6. How dare you diss the best opus of the series!
                      Well, lessee...the plot disintegrates halfway through the game, the colors and GFX are pretty ugly, the battle speed seems sluggish even when you jack it up all the way, and the characters are revoltingly unbalanced. Sabin and Edgar are good, Terra, Celes, Setzer, and Locke are solid...the rest are crap filler characters. It's just not fun.

I agree that FF7 is good though. FFIV was the game that introduced ATB, and it's such a huge leap ahead of the competition of the time as to merit some notice, even if it doesn't deserve the nine spot. So it's the first totally inflexible character-levelling game in the series. So what? It's oddly likable in many ways.
                      1011 1100
                      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• I disagree that on that it wasnt fun. I had a whole load of fun playing FF6.

Its also the only RPG I played hardcore. I can beat that game in 12hrs. Once, done it without saving. And beat the game under lv 24. (Hardcore player record is FAR lower than that though.)

I can kinda agree that it wasnt a good game and story plot had flaws, but my fanboyism is starting to cloud my judgement.

i hated FF7. I just didnt like it, for whatever personal preference i guess. I cant comment on how good the story plot was cause i didnt finish any ff games since ff6.

Comment

• i started touching rpg materials during SNES era, so theres probably a huge bias on why i like ff4, ff6, SOM, BOF, chrono trigger and later wild arms 1, while not liking any other RPG much at all. (I dont like RPG genre in general).

RPGs suck.

Comment

• The wild arms games suck. Totally boring. I hate all of the final fantasy shizzinat too. Turn based= =not fun=boring=crappy game= over hyped=crappier game=crappier sequels=the gradual overtaking of the world by pure turn based crap.

Comment

• RPGs suck.
                              No. You suck. I will reference KOTOR, secret of Mana, Morrowind, ther are more, but I'll leave some for eveyone else to biotch about.

Comment

• KOTOR is piece of crap. SO is morrowind. SO YOU SUCK!!!1!
                                I played morrowind. and after 5 min of playing i dozed off. and before I NEVER FELL ASLEEP WHILE PLAYING A GAME EVER WTF ROFL!!!11!!!

what crap...

SOM is good, but thats only because i played it back in the day. That game is broken gay too.

Anyways lets keep this opinion based flame going!

Comment

Working...
                                X