Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's laugh at this loserish top 100 games of all time list!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

goto "which game you have zero respect for" for indepth discussion on FPS gaming, gameplay issues and balance.

hardcore FPS players like DrSpike, pg and I wnet off topic and had a bit of talk on why CS is good, but isnt the greatest FPS because of many many many flaws and designs. Every bashing I did to UT applies to CS, except its alot worse in CS.

I liked CS. it was very popular, with lots of comps. so it deserves to be condsidered one of the greatest game. But i hate the fact that people think its the greatest FPS game ever. Its a gateway game to the hardcore community of that genre at best. The game is like Dragonball budokai2 of the fighting game. Barebone shallow gameplay.... Nowhere near being the greatest FPS of all time. Best game ever? not a chance.
    Last edited by Zero; April 24, 2004, 13:26.
    :-p

Comment

i havent checked it out, but i think ppl are just *****ing cause their favorite games arent there and some unknown game to them that were really popular were listed.

Yep.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Zero
        I liked CS. it was very popular, with lots of comps. so it deserves to be condsidered one of the greatest game. But i hate the fact that people think its the greatest FPS game ever.
        OMFGGGGF n00b!!!1 fu><><0r j00!!111!#3 [/CS]

Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
        Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

rofl!!!11!!

omg wtf lol!!!11!!

tass > zero

PwNzEd!!!!1!!!!!
          :-p

Comment

I thought WC2 was a good game. But wahtever, I'm not gonna argue with a mod. I do agree with you on the space invaders thing though.

I always found starcraft to suck WAAAAYYYYY more than WC2. Starcraft was just boring. AOE2 was awesome. Kings and knights, and castles, and relics, and monuments, and the code hwere you could get the dodge viper.

CS is a good goame, but only for LAN parties. It sucks online. Unreal Tournament is better.
            Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
            Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

WC2 was not even a good game when it first came out.
              Sorry, but I have now lost all respect for you.
              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

It took you this long?
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

:rimshot:
                  "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

I found WC2 very boring, and I loathed the lack of individual initiative in the game. Clickfest of the worst sort, that reminded me of the dreaded days of Dune2 (at least Dune2 had the excuse of being the very first of its genre)

Doom deserves to be in, because it took the ideas of Wolfenstein 3D, but made an excellent and varied game out of it, instead of the grey and dull Wolf3D. Without doom, FPS wouldn't be where they are now.

Pitfall sucks. Big balls. I wonder what there is to like in this game, I've always found it to be boring as hell.
                    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Well, that doesn't make sense either, Sava, 'cuz FF6J/3E was pretty high on the list, and 4/2E was higher, if I remember right. And FF6 was absolute crap whether you like the series or not. If people here hate FF, why aren't they complaining about those?
                      1011 1100
                      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

BTW, I think the choice of Final Fantasies could have been better. I mean, some FFs are very good games, but I don't think the franchise deserved 3 slots. And on these slots, only FF3 really deserves to be in. I mean, FF2 at 9th place? FF10 in the list? FF7 should have replaced both of them hands up.

Other than that, good list, save for some stupid decisions IMHO: if you want a star wars space game, choose X-Wing vs Tie Fighter, probably the best that has been made.
                        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                          And FF6 was absolute crap whether you like the series or not.
                          I like the series because of FF6. How dare you diss the best opus of the series!

Comment

Originally posted by Zero

99.8% of poly members really have the same tastes in games. then again this is a site for those people who share the same taste so....
                            Really youre being sarcastic, no?

we have avid Simcity players, and those who despise the Simcity games, we have folks who are deep into FPS and those who never play them, Sims players and Sims haters, wargame enthusiasts and those whove never played a wargame, and some who arent even quite sure what one is. We have Paradox enthusiasts, and Paradox haters, etc.

About the only thing we have in common is a liking for at least ONE of the Civ related TBS - and even there, the Civ2, CTP, SMAC, and Civ3 camps are sometimes bitterly divided.
                            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Any list of top video games (as opposed to just computer games) must have at least one Super mario brother's game in the top 5, which sould be mario 3 but could always be the original. Any list without that is trully a travesty.
                              If you don't like reality, change it! me
                              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Lists are made just to sell magazines or generate hits at sites. If everyone agreed with them, they wouldn't serve that purpose.

But I will agree that a wide variety of tastes are represented here at Apolyton.
                                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X