What games are you 'waiting' for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What games are you 'waiting' for?

...of games set to be released this year (Don't even mention Duke Nukem Forever )

At the moment I'm only interested in 3 games:

- The addon to Rise of Nations... this sound like it adds some great stuff

- "The Movies"... a game where you own a movie studio... there's been too few games about this topic... though I'm not sure how great it is, since they say it's possible to make trailers to the movies inside the game... I think they might have spent too much time on that part, so it might end up like a buggy game

- The Sims 2... Don't worry, it's not because I want to play it "The Sims" style, but I've got an idea for a forum game, where the graphics from this game might be usefull
    This space is empty... or is it?

Deus Ex 2
    Thief 3
    GTA teh next
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

doom 3 - been waiting for a long time. almost too long now. i'm not nearly as interested as i used to be especially since the game seems to be different than older id style games.

stalker - really interesting fps set in russia that promises to deliver the moon in graphics and gameplay. i'm not sure they can deliver half of what they have said but if they do even that it might still be a great game.
      Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

Rome : Total War... STILL

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Duke N--.....

Doom 3 for sure. That's about all I've heard of that I'm interested in.
          Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I don't expect Doom 3 to be that good, to be honest. It seems to be all about the graphics, whereas the original was about the adrenalin rush of combat and clever design of the map. I hope to be surprised though.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I'm waiting for it to be 1989 again. That way there might actually be something to look forward to...

Comment

I would like to see A-train upgraded
                Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                I am of the Horde.

Comment

Sadly, there is not much out there that I am excited about.
                  We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                    I don't expect Doom 3 to be that good, to be honest. It seems to be all about the graphics (...)
                    That sounds like about all fps games being made... it's always only about graphics... most of the time they forget about gameplay
                    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Half Life 2!
                      I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

None

Im currently entranced by PG2. When im done with that, i intend to go back to RPGs and take PST for a spin. Then I may go back to SMG, or SMAC, or even Myst. There are still a few games that fit may specs that I may want to buy, notably some more wargames, maybe a flight sim or adventure.

Then in the game of Real Life, (loosely based on the Sims ) having bought a car recently, we are closer to a new PC (only a new bedroom set for POTM takes priority) Then I will get EU2 (the game i REALLY WANT) the Sims (for POTM, of course, though I'll certainly give it a spin) Medieval Total War, and maybe Civ 3 (which seems to be a decent value proposition now). Oh and AOK, which never ran on my old PC cause of a copy protection conflict. And if we wait any longer, the new PC will certainly have specs to run Simcity4 , so I'll probably want that too.

So no, at this point it doesnt bother me personally if any current games are delayed.

I AM concerned about the state of the industry however.

In that spirit I look forward to the release of Rome:Total War, and hope it can have a big impact in spreading the popularity of serious strategy gaming. Im also interested to see what direction Civ 4 heads in.

I also wonder if Sims 2 can break out of the limitations of the Sims, and make give this genre - the RL simulator - interest to more hardcore gamers, and also be accurate enough in details to be more interesting as a simulation.
                        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Pirates 2!
                          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Firaxis Fanboi

-Jam
                            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Thief3
                              HL2
                              Civ 4 ( )
                              Doom3
                              MI5

Comment

Working...
                              X