No announcement yet.

Favorite DOS game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doom - still a place on my hard drive 10 years after release.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by alva
      CM2
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Civilization!!!!
        SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

I always found pools of darkness so hard... Especially after I lost the manual...

I really WANTED to win the game, but it was so damn hard to teenage-monolith94.
          "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
          Drake Tungsten
          "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
          Albert Speer

Comment

UFO was really good. Although I played Civ for longer, I still have to place UFO as number 1. Man, the night terror missions
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

In addition to a number of the games already mentioned, can I get an "amen" for Red Baron?
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I always found pools of darkness so hard... Especially after I lost the manual...
                I have the manual as a PDF on the rerelease CD. Want me to sent it to you?

-Jam
                1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I didn't like red baron very much b/c i sucked at it, but here you go anyways
                  AMEN BROTHERS AND SISTERS!
                  Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
                  Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Wolfenstein 3-d was awesome too though. Quake, just like DOOM, gave me motion sickness, and motivated me to do my homework out of extreme boredom.

Comment

Which commander Keen game was your favorite?
                      I liked keen dreams a lo, but it is tied with the classic first one.

Comment

1. Doom

When I was a kid, I played this almost every minute I had the computer. I sometimes still play it even now.

2. Dune 2

The game that introduced me to the RTS genre, and despite not following the actual timeline of the Dune books, it introduced me to the Dune universe as well.

3. Colonization

Still play it now, especially seeing as how recently I've been bored of Civ III and SMAC, yet still want to play a decent game of that genre. And the colonial America setting has plenty of charm.
                        "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
                        "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
                        "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I used to play all of the old DOS games bout a half year ago, but then I was downloading one, and my compy crashd b/c of them. Lost all of my data. O hwell, I can always dream of Keen.

Comment

Jill of the Jungle
                            Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Master of Magic, Master of Orion, and XCom. In that order, but a very close finish.

Comment

1. NHL 95 - I must have played over 2,000 games to date. I'd still be playing it if I could find a DOS emulator that works with Protected Mode games.

2. Doom games - my first FPS multiplayer experiences with this game. I remember the good old days on Battleground BBS Chicago. ahhh when the net was young.

3. Monkey Island 2 - great game
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X