Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come there are no good detective games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don' think that the game we have in mind is really the kind to attract illiterate shoot-monkeys from UT forums. As far as I'm concerned, dull is good.

Comment

I've always said you were a good poster.

Comment

I tell you what: this weekend I'm going to try to code something very simple, command-line based in C/C++ and see how it turns out. I'll post it if it's anything worthwile.
        cIV list: cheats
        Now watch this drive!

Comment

Originally posted by MattH
          I tell you what: this weekend I'm going to try to code something very simple, command-line based in C/C++ and see how it turns out. I'll post it if it's anything worthwile.
          I'd be interested to see that. If I wasn't so busy with school-related coding projects, I would have done something myself by now.
          XBox Live: VovanSim
          xbox.com (login required)
          Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
          Spore page

Comment

Don't get your hopes up... it'll be a poorly coded monstrosity at best
            Now watch this drive!

Comment

If you do do it make sure you get someone else to do the advertising.

Comment

That's fine. You've got to make sure the idea works first, any way, right? So, think of it as a "proof-of-concept" kind of thing. Don't have to be pretty.
                Spore page

Comment

Well, the week-end is nearly over. Any luck with the undertaking, MattH?
                  Spore page

Comment

Well, I had too much work to do anything useful this week (cough splinter cell cough). Damn there's too much before easter! I started, though.
                    Now watch this drive!

Comment

Another weekend gone. How goes it, MattH?

Hehe, not rushing you or anything, just making sure you know someone's still interested in this idea of yours. I think it has quite the potential.
                      Spore page

Comment

Umm... Bump?
                        Spore page

Comment

The second CSI-game ("Dark Motives") is a large improvement over the first game, but as pointed out, it offers no replayability.

If you do...acquire... the game, set the difficulty to maximum at the start for at least a bit of a challenge.

Comment

Oh, yes yes. Bumping the whatnot- I haven't been getting e-mails about this thread .

Now that it's spring break I'll be able to get started.
                            Now watch this drive!

Comment

Originally posted by MattH
                              Now that it's spring break I'll be able to get started.
                              Ohmigawd! My finals week is two weeks from the coming monday, and you are just having the Spring Break? Then, again, college starts in the beginning of august.

Any ways, I recently discovered Lua and how it can be bound with C/C++ apps, and now my head is swimming with ideas. You could do so many sweet things in relation to a game like this when you got a powerful scripting engine... Maybe I'll give this a stab as well, after the finals. I hope to see something from you by then, though.
                              Spore page

Comment

Well, our breaks are spread out. We have one week for Christmas (excuse me- 'holiday break'), one week somewhere in late Feburary ('Mid-Winter Break') and one week for Easter (otherwise known as 'Spring Break').

I'm reading up on Lua now, looks interesting. Just wonder if I can wrap it around my brain, let alone my programs
                                Now watch this drive!

Comment

Working...
                                X