No announcement yet.

Sid Meier's Pirates! preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I never completed 'Monkey Island' or 'Monkey Island lechucks revenge' , but i got all four games on a lucasarts bundle for about £15.

Out of the four i much prefer the first two(so does my girlfriend) - the later ones seem a bit, overdone? its like the off beat humour of the first two became a bit too formulaic or something?

GhengisFarb they are worth owning - how easy they are to run on your pc will be another mater maybe, still a quick visit to the lucasarts website should help.

If you like point and click adventures in the classic sense, these games offer a good hard challange and are fun to boot

I'm still waiting for the official Pirates2 website to come up - it should be a great remake(to make up for Civ3 )
    'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

• Is MI4 any good?
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• Curse of Monkey Island, No. 3, is outstanding--probably my favorite of the whole series. I downloaded it (shh!) and played it all the way through sans cut scenes and music, and loved it so much I went ahead and bought the game and played it again.

MI4 is good--quite long, too--but the 3-D graphics engine gets in the way too much. Some of the puzzles are ridiculously hard, too, and the plot isn't especially noteworthy. But it's certainly pretty funny, and the voice acting is very well done.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Curse of Monkey Island, No. 3, is outstanding

Yep, it is
          -
          but the 3-D graphics engine gets in the way too much.

That's the reason I didn't buy it. Ahh maybe I'll give it go if I find it for 5$ or something
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

• Sorry, but if you put your name on the box, you have to expect it to be yours, and to expect the flak in your name when it flops.

Um... what does that have to do with whether Sid was involved in programming of the game? The last games he was deeply involved in programming were Gettysburg! and SimGolf which were amazing games. I'm sure if Sid gets his hands dirty in the programming, the game will be great.

I didn't say Civ3 had a 3D engine

- 3D engine proven to be crap.

Hmm...... remind anyone of anything?

PWNED!

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Then why is it called Monkey Island?

So do you assume Easter Island has Easter bunnies all over it?

Famous? I'm serious that I have never heard of Monkey Island. It must be a regional fad game or something.

Yes, if you consider games like 'Ultima' and 'Warcraft' to be regional fads .
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by child of Thor
                "Right now the team is projecting a minimum spec for the game that requires a 1GHz processor, 128MB of RAM and a GeForce 2 or equivalent" [from the IGN preview].

For Pirates! thats a bit over the top no, even for 2004?

I guess my 166 wont cut it.....

Still maybe they might do a console version?
                Im too embarrassed to even post my PC specs here anymore, and my machine has yours beat

Actually its helped my gaming, in that its forced me to diversify. In particular it has gotten me into RPGs (Baldurs Gate) and back into wargames (Panzer General) If i had a better machine id be playing EU, and maybe even Civ3.

Still that day will come soon. QOTM and I have acquired another "smog spewing personal transportation vehicle" and so one hurdle to the new PC is down. Next hurdle, shopping for new furniture for POTM. Still with the price of a machine designed around 256 MB RAM (my target - not worth getting some rehabbed maching that cant run Windows 2000 easily) coming down steadily, it will soon be a no brainer.
                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                  Then why is it called Monkey Island?

Famous? I'm serious that I have never heard of Monkey Island. It must be a regional fad game or something.

Yes, if you consider games like 'Ultima' and 'Warcraft' to be regional fads .
                  you mean warcraft isnt a New Jersey thing?
                  "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• Still with the price of a machine designed around 256 MB RAM

You might want to reconsider and get at least 512MB
                    (well anyway, chances are that they won't even be for sale anymore by the time you upgrade. )

Comment

• Originally posted by alva
                      Still with the price of a machine designed around 256 MB RAM

You might want to reconsider and get at least 512MB
                      (well anyway, chances are that they won't even be for sale anymore by the time you upgrade. )
                      see, thats why i dont post my specs here anymore

Comment

• Originally posted by GhengisFarb
                        Its a secret.
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

They don't call it Bunny Island now do they?

Comment

PWNED!

He already pointed out that he was referring in that comment to the new Pirates game, not Civ3.

Leave the OT debating style to the OT........here in OG we like you to read people's posts before pwning them.

Comment

• Yeah it takes awhile to get used to but sometime theres actually words in the posts.

Comment

• Originally posted by alva
                                Is MI4 any good?
                                3 and 4 are both worth getting. They are both available cheap on the 'classics' label at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X