Originally posted by Guynemer
    Jesus H. ChristQUOTE]

What does 'H' stand for?

Herman.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Imran is right. Pirates pwns.
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Osweld is right. PR2 looks much better graphically than Pirates!.

Regardless, the gameplay description of P! doesn't thrill me much. PR2 sounds more interesting.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Maybe we should until the games actully is out before destroying it?

Plenty of time for that afterwards
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• I'm with Boris, P!2's gameplay consisting of simply dueling and dancing contests sounds like some sort of Pirates of Pissance musical.

Comment

• Throw in some opera and Boris might very reconsider..
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                The beach looks like a fine beach to me. What colors are beaches in your area?
                They're gravel. But fortunetly, Pirates! doesn't take place on the cambrian shield.

Basically, what it comes down to, is that there is no effort put into the graphics. The number of graphical features of the landscape can be counted on one hand:

1. Blotchy white and green land
                2. Blotchy grey mountains
                3. Simplistic and uninteresting trees
                4. Lego-esque buildings
                5. Water

Where is the detail? The driftwood on the beach, the forest (as opposed to the same ugly tree cloned a hundred time, the rocky shores, the villages, ect... Maybe it's not easy to do in 3D, but that's kinda my point. 3D isn't always good. There's absolutely no flavour at all.
                Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

• Originally posted by General Ludd
                  Maybe it's not easy to do in 3D, but that's kinda my point. 3D isn't always good. There's absolutely no flavour at all.
                  Actually it is easy to do, its a simple matter of a texture and/or a bump map.

Comment

• Originally posted by GhengisFarb
                    I'm with Boris, P!2's gameplay consisting of simply dueling and dancing contests sounds like some sort of Pirates of Pissance musical.
                    Yer on thin ice there, son.
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• P!2's gameplay consisting of simply dueling and dancing contests sounds like some sort of Pirates of Pissance musical.

And ship fights! PR2 gameplay of trading crap sounds like some economics simulation (and I have a BA in Econ).
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Imran speaks the truth. Pirates 2 r0x0rz our b0x0rz.
                        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Yay! Dueling! Dancing! Shipfights (floating dance floors)! And its a musical!

Sorry if I don't get too excited about "Atari does Broadway."

Comment

• Imran speaks the truth. Pirates 2 r0x0rz our b0x0rz.

Ship fighting, dueling, and even being able to woo the Governor's daughter. Sweet .
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I'll wait until a demo or the actual game is released before judging it. Gameplay > graphics.
                              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                                Imran speaks the truth. Pirates 2 r0x0rz our b0x0rz.

Ship fighting, dueling, and even being able to woo the Governor's daughter. Sweet .
                                Ah a Sims fan. Me not so much.

Comment

Working...
                                X