Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jamski
    Yes them. So forget all your hopes NOW.

I was so excited about TOEE and MoO3... both built up to be the best game "liek eva!!!"

I'd like to think I learnt my lesson. Pirates will only be bought at least 8 weeks after release.

-Jam
    Absolute excellent point Jamski

I too will wait. I'd like to think that I've learned something from past experience.
    signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by child of Thor
      1Ghz for Pirates.......just think about it for abit.......
      You can't get a new box here that's slower than 1.7GHz (P4).
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Same here. I haven't seen new computers with less than 1.6 for at least a year.

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Its got 48MB wow feel the power Strangely when i compare it with the pc's at work(p2 500mhz+), it doesnt come of too bad, maybe a few secs longer to boot w98, the same when opening a word 2000 doc. Im happy with it anyway, although CTP2 on gigantic maps can be a pain

Work/school PC's often have loads of programmes running in the background, also they are often installed insufficient memory.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

well i guess i havent been keeping up with the tech race (but then why would i when i can play Xcom/Civ/CTP/SMAC/Daggerfall/Xwing/Imp2 etc?)

Still im glad they are sticking to the origonal idea with Pirates, and having many different elements to the gameplay - it was one of the strongest features of the game. A bit of Role play, some Strat(managing boats and crew), some arcade fun(Ship combat/land combat), and i guess adventure(finding clues to your families whereabouts). It was a great blend
            'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Seriously, coT... I think its time for an update.

You will notice a significant difference between a second gen Pentium and (effectively a 4th or 5th gen in comparison) P4 or Athlon XP. Get a real hard disk too, whilst you're at it.

Its the 21st century, don'tcha know?

Comment

looks good, but with atari, as the others have said...

no doubt it will underbeta'd and rushed out the door.

Comment

I sure hope they'll be diligent on beta-testing the game. I'd prefer them postponing the release in order to get a top-notch product.

Have anybody ever played the orginial version? I really enjoyed that game back then. A lot of fond memories of conquering the entire region. I never forget how I wanted to take this town because Treasure Convey or something like that was coming from that location but I couldnt do it by the sea due to powerful sea defenses so I marched my pirates across land and attacked from the land side. I think I had 500 men
                  Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Asleep: How dare you make such unsubstantiated allegations!

Oh......Wait........

Comment

By the time the game arrives, second hand 1ghz PC's should be dirt cheap.
                      To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                      H.Poincaré

Comment

Pretty ugly.

You're blind, right? The game is utterly beautiful!

Its DOES look ambitious. They want to make a RPG, a real-time naval combat sim, a swordfighting/beat-'em-up sim, an exploration/trading game, a RTS urban combat section and some kind of "escape from jail" action game - but all in one game.

Now THAT is what I would call ambitious. They are really biting off too much.

As UR said, it doesn't look much more complicated than the original. I think they can pull it off. Especially if they don't go too overboard on each individual aspect, and it doesn't look like they will, so far.

And, besides, SID is doing this one, instead of just overlooking the project .

Is there a US release date in sight?

Q4 2004
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Behind the scenes:

Last edited by Imran Siddiqui; March 16, 2004, 18:59.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

nm
                            Last edited by Imran Siddiqui; March 16, 2004, 18:58.

Comment

Port Royale 2 comes out in April. It will do everything this game will and then some. Plus the graphics are significantly better.

Comment

We shall see.
                                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                                X