Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah I was trying to make it interesting. But unfortunately I was misinformed.

Comment

• Time is up, writing the story...

-Jam
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• Scene 5 : The 3rd Evening

The sun was just sinking below the horizon as the church clock struck 6pm. As everyone in the village heard the sound they gathered in the church again to hear the results.

Rasputin started to read the names and the votes on the list... but stopped suddenly and sat down. The villagers were quiet. FlameFlash spoke up,
        "Are you alright Father?"
        Rasputin motioned to the altar boy that he should read the rest of the list. FlameFlash's face turned ash grey as his eyes skimmed down the names. He turned to look at Rasputin with a look of slowly dawning horror...

"Hurry up reading that list!" yelled Theben from the crowd.
        "Yeah," shouted GhengisFarb, "Who is the killer?" As a visitor to the village he had no idea that one of the names on the list was his.

"Please, we need quiet" demanded the Duke. "Finish reading the names, FlameFlash"

The altar boy was visibly trembling by the time he reached the end of the list and annoced the totals.
        "So, in total that's 6 votes for Guynemer" ADG grabbed his brother's arm to stop him running out the church, "And..." FlameFlash paused "...And..."

Rasputin stood up. "And seven votes for me" He looked at FlameFlash with a fatherly grace. "Its not your fault, my son, you didn't even vote" He raised his voice "And its not your fault either, my neighbours, you knew not what you did"

This time there were no prayers said for the soon-to-be-departed soul of the suspect.

Rasputin was lead outside the church where Spiffor and Felch tied him to a tree.

"Why did you do it?" asked Ghengis "Or is it normal to kill two of your neighbours in this village?"

"It wasn't me," spat the priest, "I swear by God"

Vlad asked Kassiopea "Why did you vote for the priest?" It seemed like there could have been a fish connection somewhere."
        Before Kassiopea could answer Rasputin interrupted "Its because I read from Jonah last night isn't it? Jonah and the whale... You feel that I am judging your actions when you invoked "The Old Way", well.. if you want fish, how about a red herring!"

The villagers had had enough of Rasputin's rantings by now, so while Jon Miller held his mouth closedl, and Spaced his held his body in place, Mart7x5 quickly used a hacksaw and removed his head.

The priest's hands twitched and made the sign of the cross long after the head was removed.
        "Just a nervous reflex" said Doc.

Everyone agreed, but noone volunteered to remove the headless corpse from the tree and bury it.

It is now night

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

• Another good write-up.

Comment

• I can't believe this village just executed my childhood friend!
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Scene 6 : The 3rd Night

With the electricity in the village still cut off by the landslide the only illumination the night after Rasputin's execution was the moon. At about 8pm most of the villagers were gathered together in Skanky's bar, drinking and talking about the last few days.
              "Do you think he was the killer?" asked Tuberski.
              "Who? Fasther Rasputin? I doubt that very much," replied Kassiopea. "To be honest I'm worrying a bit about going back to my farm later this evening. I think I'll ask Skanky if I can sleep at the bar tonight."

Alva overheard this conversation.
              "What's all this talk of being scared, old boys?"
              CaptainGarlic chipped in "I don't remember being scared back in the war, sir, but then again..."
              The major swung around smartly on his heel.
              "Don't interrupt me again when I'm speaking, Captain, old boy!" He returned his attention to Kassi. "If you think there's still a killer on the loose, then we should look for him, what what?"

The others in the bar didn't look too enthusiastic, but soon Alva and Garlic had them organised into two "patrols" of 3 men each.

Alva took charge of Kassiopea and Theben and set off in the darkness to patrol the north side of the square. Captian Garlic took Zopperoni and Drogue with him southwards. All the men were armed with pistols from Alva's substantial collection.

The night had quickly clouded over, and there was now no illumination at all. The two patrols were forced to use old fashioned burning torches in order to see where they were going. The scene would have been funny, were it not so serious.

Of course clouds lead normally to rain, and in this case very heavy rain. It poured down in torrents, and it was soon impossible to keep the torches alight. Captain Garlic led his small patrol under an overhanging roof to shelter from the downpour, and spoke to them.

"Drogue, Zopperoni, you may as well go home. There could be a killer right in front of use and we wouldn't see him in this weather."

The others agreed and turned to leave.

"Wait! What's that?" shouted Drogue and pointed into the darkness "I saw someone"

Dramatically the first lighting flash of the evening lit the scene. It was Alva and his patrol, pistols raised to fire, spread out accross the square about 20 yards in front of Zopperoni.

All six men relaxed.

"Phew, I thought I saw a killer then, " called Drogue over to Alva "But I'm glad it was just you lot"

Suddenly a dark shape chraged between the two patrols, arms waving in the air, knocking Drogue to the floor. Instictively in a blind panic all 6 men opened fire.

There was a deafening fusilade of bullets.

"We've killed a bloody reindeer!" exclaimed Kassi.
              "Good shooting old boys!" commented Alva.
              "I'll expect compensation, Major"

Alva started to reply, but his response was drowned out by the thunder following the lighting flash. "...that house, but I can't be sure"

"What was that, sir?" shouted Garlic

Another flash of lighting came. This one was much closer. In the bright light Garlic saw a lot more than just 6 raincoat-clad figures in the square. The other villagers were leaving Skanky's bar to go home and had been drawn into the square by the sound of the shooting.

"Get back indoors, you fools" ordered Garlic. "Tell them to get back indoors, Alva!"

There was another deafening crack of thunder.

"Alva?" called Garlic

"You'd better get him inside" came a voice from accross the square . "He's been shot"

The villagers brought Major Alva inside the bar, but it was too late. He had been shot in the throat, and was already coughing out blood.

"Don't try to talk" councelled Doc.

Alva raised his right hand to salute Captain Garlic one last time and died. Jon Miller looked at the Captain.

"So, what kind of gun was he shot with? You're a millitary man, you must know." demanded the librarian.
              "I was a sailor, not a soldier," replied Garlic with a shake of his head "And you've read too many detective stories"

The villagers ran through the violent storm to their homes and locked the doors.

It is now day again and the villagers can vote

-Jam
              Last edited by Jamski; March 17, 2004, 08:47.

Comment

• Code:

mafia

Name Job Status
                01) Zopperoni Butler to DoY alive
                02) HongHu Teacher alive
                03) Spaced Cowboy Cattle Rancher alive
                04) Rasputin Priest dead - village
                05) FlameFlash Altar Boy alive
                06) Frozzy Unemployed Alchoholic dead - village
                07) Jon Miller Librarian alive
                08) Tuberski Vet alive
                09) MrBaggins Tabacconist alive
                10) Ghengis Farb Amature Landscape Painter alive
                11) GJRamsey Author alive
                12) Theben Butcher alive
                13) Alva Retired Major dead - shot in the rain by the mafia
                14) Vlad Antlerkov Postman alive
                15) CapitanGarlic Greengrocer alive
                16) Drogue Stable boy alive
                17) Skanky Burns Barkeeper alive
                18) Kassiopeia Reindeer Farmer alive
                19) Spiffor Baker's Apprentice alive
                20) Doc Doctor alive
                21) Rah Tavern Owner dead - strangled
                22) MattH Police Constable alive
                23) Chaunk Golf Caddy dead - killed by the mafia - strangled and beaten with a golf club.
                24) Felch Mechanic alive
                25) Guynemer Fisherman alive
                26) ADG Fisherman's brother alive
                27) Mart7x5 Carpenter alive
                28) Duke of York Local Landowner alive
                The 2 clues have been "spotted" and sent by PM.

-Jam

Comment

• I just got a clue:

Your friend Rasputin told you that he heard lots of things in the confessional. Noone confessed to being a killer though.

Looks like a red herring if you ask me. But that may mean the killer is nonreligious, and one of the few of us, as Rasputin heard so "many things"
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

• I got all excited when I saw I had a PM, but it was just Zopperoni wanting to talk about football.

Spiffor - did you hear about anything "interesting" from Ras's confessional?
                    Last edited by duke o' york; March 17, 2004, 08:42.

Comment

• Originally posted by duke o' york
                      Spiffor - did you hear about anything "interesting" from Ras's confessional?
                      I think I remember something involving an affair between Rah and HongHu

Comment

• A clue for me too.
                        GJRamsey, Felch and the Duke left your bar early before closing time. They weren't "in the mood", they said.

Not that I blame them - it is hard to enjoy yourself when you may die during the night or even during the day.
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• It just didn't seem right drinking Rah's beer in Skanky's place....

Comment

• That's a red herring Skanky! I'd never leave the pub before closing, unless to go to another.

Comment

• Woo Hoo! I got a clue also:
                              As usual a 50% chance of this being a bunch of crap.

Captain Garlic was never in the navy. He was on a fishing boat with the father of ADG and Guynemer.

-Jam
                              If Jamski only sent out 2 clues why have three people posted clues?

Comment

• Do the other five out in the rain have a perfect alibi for this murder?

Finns and Swedes never go to confession?
                                On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Working...
                                X