X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we want goals !!!!
    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• I'd like an answer too. Why are there different options like beat the keeper? Does each option give a chance of scoring? If so what are the chances?

Comment

• ***Goal Scoring Clarification***

The player with the ball must either "pass" or "run" the ball to the goal from one of the three lighter colored squares in front of the goal.
        If they "pass" (=shoot) then another player can "intercept", if they "run" (=beat the keeper) then another player can tackle them.

Shooting from a range :

If you are unmarked (i.e. in a square on your own) and two square away from the goal you can have a shot. This fails only if the opposition have a player in one of the 3 light-coloured squares, who uses the order "intercept" with the target "goal"

So, from the current position Raz cannot shoot, because he is marked too closely. If he was on his own, but Duke was next to the goal, Raz could shoot and Duke [/i]could[/i] intercept the shot. If Raz runs closer to the goal, then he has the choice next turn of run or shoot, and Gold can try to tackle or intercept him.

Simply - imagine that the goal is a player that can be passed to, and a square that can be run to. If the ball gets there, its a goal. But you can only pass to the goal from within 2 squares (medium green)

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• So what is the keepers role in this?
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• The keeper's role is to hang back in one of the "light green" squares to intercept/tackle people who want to score.

If there is noone in one of those squares, its pretty hard to stop someone scoring, yes?

-Jam
            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

• Jamski, please increase the contrast between different areas on the pitch.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• I will do. Next pitch. I thought the more subtle contrast would be more pleasing to the eye, but... well, its not so efficient.

-Jam

Comment

• It's much easier to intercept with your hands though.

Comment

• So?

-Jam

Comment

• Well the goalie has the same interception method as anyone.

Comment

• This is true. But remembering the K.I.S.S. principle, I think its best to keep it that way... unless we want to have each team nominating a keeper, and making a special set of shooting rules.

-Jam

Comment

• Not whilst we are in their half. Later maybe.

Comment

• Ok, the rules are alway open to discussion if exploits or problems appear.

For now... I'm awaiting orders from both Captians, and I'm off to play BG2 for a while...

-Jam

Comment

• I submitted our moves.

Comment

• I got them, and they look good

-Jam

Comment

Working...
                                X