No announcement yet.

Do you always finish computer games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same here...The only campaign for strategy games I've played (and enjoyed) for the past many years is the Conquer the World campaign in RoN... I wouldn't call it a campaign though...
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I'll try to finish them but am not obsessed by it.

The last one I did finish was Vietcong
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Daz
        DrSpike:

Yea, on "beginner"....

*ducks*

I always play the most difficult setting in FPS and RTS games as a matter of principle, even if it turns out to be as hard as it claims. After many years of MP in both those genres SP is usually way too easy.

On TBS I like to be able to play at all settings, since there are often different strategies that are optimal for each level.

Comment

Code:
          void Vovan:: playGame(Game* g) {
            if (this->likesGame(g)) {
          start:

while (!g->isGameFinishedBy(this)) {
                g->playMore();
              }

if (this->likesGameALot(g)) {
                g->setGameFinishedBy(this, false);
                goto start;
              }
            } else {

while (!g->isGameFinishedBy(this) || this->hadEnoughOf(g)) {
                g->playMore();
              }

this->throwAway(g);

}
          }
          EDIT: Look what a night of coding and no sleep has done to me. I meant to say: I finish the games I like. And if they are really cool, I finish 'em again.
          XBox Live: VovanSim
          xbox.com (login required)
          Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
          Spore page

Comment

That's something I very Rarely doo, start again..
            (Not talking Civ like games here, IE open-end ones, and even then I need a break from it, usually a couple of weeks )
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

What about Mafia?

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york
                What about Mafia?
                I swear I never managed to finish one
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

But no-one ever feels the need for a break. If they're not back in the next game it's because they've been, er, restricted, or because they weren't quick enough to sign up (or because the sign-up was at the weekend ), or they took a huff at always being killed first and avatars of President Putin were banned. One of these is not strictly true.

Comment

I sometimes finish them. The problem is that I have too many games installed at the same time and just can't find time to play them all to the end.
                    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

I play games until I lose interest. If I finish them great, if not then oh well.

Comment

i have finished quite a few games (most notably 3 of the pool of radiance series, and 1 of the Bard's Tale series), although not nearly as many as i once did. if i like the game, i'll play it a lot for a while. lately i've stopped playing before i finish it, but do go back from time to time to move further along. Baldur's Gate (chapter 4) and Might and Magic 7 (level 40+ characters, still not Light or Dark) are the 2 i've been leaving, then coming back to every couple of months most recently. I suspect I'll eventually complete those 2. of course there are so many more games available to me now than there used to be, so it seems i'm quicker to lose interest than i used to be.
                        Insert witty phrase here

Comment

I play few games until I can say for sure Im as good as the best players in the world.

All other games I cheat or have someone beat it for me so i can watch the story plot.
                          :-p

Comment

I almost always finish a game. In fact, I make it a rule to beat a game in single player before playing MP(if available).

Comment

a lot of games I feel the need to finish again and again. Although I'm getting better at that.

A lot of Civ3 and even some Civ2 games I never finished. There was a time I just couldn't stand having unfinished games, it didn't feel right.

I also have a few unfinished Baldur's Gate games. Same with Fallout 1 and 2.

Although I did have an unfinished Fallout: Tactics game. but I'm finishing that one up right now.

Comment

Always finish games I like.

Comment

Working...
                                X