Do you always finish computer games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you always finish computer games?

Finish as in "beat" the games. Some games such as mmorpg's can't be beat as far as I can tell (I have never actually played them), so those wouldn't count. Same with Sim game (never really played those either)

I normally don't like playing games I know I will never beat. Makes me feel like a failure. It's better to not to try, than try and fail . Although sometimes I get stuck and I have to ask for help, and sometimes even consult gamefaq's . I try not to do that the first time around. But I do get stuck at times.

But despite that, there are still many games I have not beat. Most were due to lack of interest. I just couldn't get "into" the game. Morrowind is one example. I did reinstall it recently since I got my new computer. But I still can't seem to play it. Recently I installed Soulbringer as well. Haven't done anything with that one either. I never finished Max Payne, because I suck, and I got tired of reloading . I don't like playing games that require me to reload excessively. Syncicate Wars (I was talking about this in another thread) I never finished. Along with Black and White and Star Wars Rebellion.
    Always (if possible)- even if I don't like the game
    11.11%
    I always (if possible) finish games I like
    31.11%
    I sometimes finish my games
    33.33%
    I rarely finish my games
    13.33%
    I never finish my games- I have no attention span :)
    2.22%
    I'm a dirty, filthy cheater. I cheat to win.
    6.67%
    I refuse to put banana options in my polls
    2.22%

Like Comrade Tass said, I'll cheat to win....but only by going as far as possible without cheating.

Haven't beat the godawful GalCiv and don't plan to. That was a waste of some hard earned money.
    Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
    Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
    *****Citizen of the Hive****
    "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

I'll inish a game if I like it. Sometimes I'll finish a game even if I don't like it, like Starcraft. The solo campaign, of course.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I'll finish games I enjoy, but at the same time, will just play small sections of other games. I've finished all the Tony Hawk games to date, comprehensively, but will still stick it on and play a few levels just for the hell of it, without feeling that I have to keep playing to finish it for that character.
        I've got one of those PS1 Mario Kart rip-offs, and have no interest in finishing it, but will play a few races now and again. Same with Pro Evo - I'll play a few friendlies rather than starting a World Cup each time.

Comment

I finish pretty much all the games I play.

Comment

Usually games can't hold my attention for the time it takes to beat the game...

Hell... Max Payne 2 couldn't even hold my attention to finish level 2

I won about 3/4 of Need for Speed Underground before getting tired of it... now I only play the drifting mode...

Journey to the center of the earth (adventure) I only managed to beat 25% (I guess) before getting tired of it... the story itself is interesting, but it just takes too long to get from point a to point b... and there's no way to speed it up...

The games I play the most, is the games that can't be finished (e.g. SimCity)
            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Finish if possible. I its hopeless i just abandon it....

Comment

I always finish games if I can, although this may be constrained by my interest levels sometimes. I still haven't finished Star Trek Elite Forces for this reason, despite being skilled enough to do so.

There are other games where I finished despite not really enjoying that particular part of the game (Starcraft for instance), but I would not cheat just to say that I could beat a game. Hollow victory.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

DrSpike:
                  I finish pretty much all the games I play.
                  Yea, on "beginner"....

*ducks*

Comment

I try to finish the good ones. Fallout 2 end game was becoming progressively boring so I remember shooting right for the finish and disregarding the smaller quests and character improvement.

The lousy games I deinstall on a whim. My time is too precious

Comment

I finish good games, or games with an enjoyable universe: I just love epilogues too much to miss them
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I'll finish most good games, but really, all the games I play long enough for me to 'finish' are games with no end.
                        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

seems this question makes assumptions about genre, etc.

I dont suppose ive ever "beaten" simcity. But then you cant.

Ive won several scenarios on the first day of Gettysburg, in SMG. One scenario i cant seem to win on, playing either side. Ive dabbled with the first scenario on the second day. So i guess i havent "finished" SMG, but i dont think winning each scenario (from either side?) is really necessary.

Ive "beaten" SMAC, but not on transcend ( I was doing well when i played transcend, but then put it aside)
                          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

I've beaten all the games I own except SimCity and Worms

-Jam
                            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Sometimes I don't even START the game...Many games have a campaign that I never even try. I just enjoy random map single player games.

Comment

Working...
                              X