No announcement yet.

GTA: San Andreas - confirmed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I admit that at times I wished for the wolrd to be just like GTA, and to spray everyone with an UZI or shoot them dead with a Bazooka. However I never made the jump to make it a reality - only an already problematic person would

remind me to stay out of Israel

Comment

Tragic news:

In saturday's newspaper there appeared a story of a man who, after hearing Johnny Cash's "Folsom Prison Blues" performed by a contestant on a popular music game show, decided to kill his 85-year-old mother. He then bludgened her severely about the head.

The question is, should we ban music or television? I lean towards both.
      Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
      Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov

Now, I can agree that GTA can have bad effects on already crazy people who are predespositioned for these kind of things.

But then you never know what really triggered it. It could easily have been an episode of COPS just as well.
        GTA equated with really low class Fox show
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us
          I admit that at times I wished for the wolrd to be just like GTA, and to spray everyone with an UZI or shoot them dead with a Bazooka. However I never made the jump to make it a reality - only an already problematic person would

remind me to stay out of Israel
          Well they are known for terrible driving
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Birdseed
            Tragic news:

In saturday's newspaper there appeared a story of a man who, after hearing Johnny Cash's "Folsom Prison Blues" performed by a contestant on a popular music game show, decided to kill his 85-year-old mother. He then bludgened her severely about the head.

The question is, should we ban music or television? I lean towards both.
            Ban the "idiot box" of course.

Comment

No one claimed GTA had class. It's just insanely fun. Perhaps the best game released in the last 5 or 10 years.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Definitely the best game since goldeneye. GTA s till calssic, and fun to play. I can't wait for the new one, i hope they juice upthe graphics.
                Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
                Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

No one claimed GTA had class. It's just insanely fun. Perhaps the best game released in the last 5 or 10 years.
                  Why not the last 20 years? (come on, lets see how fanboy we can get Imran to be )

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

Ban the "idiot box" of course.
                    Hey, just a minute now. Where do you get off using hippie smileys?
                    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Osweld

Hey, just a minute now. Where do you get off using hippie smileys?
                      My impression is that its mainly hippy dippy types who are anti-TV - i mean im thinking about the folks i know who dont have a TV, or who dont watch much and discourage their kids from watching, dont have cable, etc- granted im not hippy dippy on a lot of other things, but i dont see why i cant use hippy smileys here

Perhaps you think Libertarians OWN hippieness?

Comment

Why not the last 20 years?

I dunno what games were out before 1994 really, so I can't make the statement.

If you think I'm being fanboyish, look at the ratings GTA3 and VC has gotten:

Look at 'Top Rated PC Games'. See which is #1 (tied with another great game as well)? It only is judging somewhat modern games (at least a couple years though), but still, GTA is considered a modern masterpiece.

GameRankings go back farther (at least to 1998):

Not every critic is the same. Metacritic offers aggregated game reviews from the top critics, and our own METASCORE pinpoints at a glance how each game was reviewed.

GTA Double Pack is third behind Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Soul Caliber I.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Why not the last 20 years?

I dunno what games were out before 1994 really, so I can't make the statement.

If you think I'm being fanboyish, look at the ratings GTA3 and VC has gotten:

Look at 'Top Rated PC Games'. See which is #1 (tied with another great game as well)? It only is judging somewhat modern games (at least a couple years though), but still, GTA is considered a modern masterpiece.

Here are the top ten games per that site

" Top Rated PC Games

[93%] Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
                          [93%] Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
                          [91%] WarCraft III: Reign of Chaos
                          [91%] Grand Theft Auto III
                          [91%] Championship Manager 4
                          [91%] Call of Duty
                          [90%] No One Lives Forever 2
                          [90%] Freedom Force
                          [90%] Age of Mythology
                          [90%] Medal of Honor: Allied Assault "

lets see, 2 flavors of GTA, 4 FPS's, 2 fantasy RTS's, a sports game, and KOTOR.

Comment

the second link only has console games.

Comment

And your point? No other genre of game as been rated as highly. Which strategy game in the past 4 years as been as good as, say, Call of Duty?

And Freedom Force isn't an FPS (I don't know what you are smoking). And CM4 is sports text sim, so not a basic sports game.

the second link only has console games.

Only because Half Life, which is the highest rated PC game, has 95%, so just falls short of the Top 10.

I don't see you offering any game which is better.

Comment

And your point? No other genre of game as been rated as highly. Which strategy game in the past 4 years as been as good as, say, Call of Duty?

And Freedom Force isn't an FPS (I don't know what you are smoking).

Oh. A comic book themed RPG. I see.

Comment

Working...
                                X