GTA: San Andreas - confirmed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
    1980's music... I was surprised to discover that that decade actually produced some good songs. Who would have thought it?
    evidently you missed my 1980's lyrics thread in off-topic (of course some dissed me for posting two songs by a certain american pop star)

the 1980's - the last pre-rap decade. (some music geek will tell me how there was rap in full "flower" even then, but at least I didnt have to hear it then)

Gad, im feeling old.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

I'm far from a music geek, but the '80s were definitely the high-point of rap; at least, they were if you like catchy beats and non-antisocial lyrics.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I'm glad I have a PS2 and not an Xbox. Can't wait for this title.

I hope that the theme of the new game will not be a rapsta/gansta one as then it'll feel too much like True Crime with snoopy doggy doggy.
        signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
          I'm far from a music geek, but the '80s were definitely the high-point of rap; at least, they were if you like catchy beats and non-antisocial lyrics.
          I'll second that.
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

how do you think GTA is better than Civ? I admit GTA is a great game but no where's near as great as the Civilization series, which only consists of two games contrary to popular belief.

I count the 3rd one as well . And Test of Time. I think GTA3 and VC are better than Civ 2 and Civ 1. Now, I played Civ 2 for like... forever. But GTA3 & VC were just an entire world to play around in and explore. Utterly brilliant

I SOOOO want to see the 70s in San Fran. That would be awesome! I'd have it on the Classic Rock station the entire game .

Though San Fran is very un-ganster like.

Yes, one of VC's best features was the 80s music.

Wave station, baby!

And I'll probably get it on the PC. I'm sure the XBox version will have the nice graphics and all, but I love the mouselook (of course that depends if my PC can handle it... hope it has VC specs!)
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

And Test of Timeq

that was just Civ2 with different graphics and a few scenarios.

Though San Fran is very un-ganster like.

San Francisco has its share of mobsters, or had anyway. Hopefully they take us on a tour of a different underworld crime organisation this time. I have this read line around my head from constantly wearing a fedora.

Comment

that was just Civ2 with different graphics and a few scenarios.

Still a part of the series. The series killed itself with Civ3.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Good news for owners of PS2's and bad news for us Xboxer's. I recently finished GT3 on the Xbox. Great game! And it's supposedly better looking than the PS2 and PC versions. I'm not sure I'll jump in Vice city just yet. I'll wait a bit.
                  Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us
                    And Test of Timeq

San Francisco has its share of mobsters, or had anyway. Hopefully they take us on a tour of a different underworld crime organisation this time. I have this read line around my head from constantly wearing a fedora.
                    Being San Fran, there could definitely be an organized crime element involving Chinatown.

Comment

It ain't bad news for X-Boxers... it'll have it soon enough.

Guy: I BET there will be Chinatown missions. I wonder if there will be any protests IRL or in the game .

Comment

Gee I wonder.

Comment

Now that I think of it, I doubt its in San Fran. Can you imagine the outrage from the PC Nazis if Castro street was even mentioned in a GTA game.

Comment

As usual it'll simply be a made-up city that bears a remarkably similar resemblance to SF, just like they did with NY in the first game and Miami in the second.

GTA games always come in for a lot of criticism from the "everyone-but-me-is-responsible-for-my-horrible-child" crowd of parents and it's never really hurt them before. The controversy raises sales, if anything - Rockstar love it. (well, the execs do ... perhaps the PR guys get a little irritated).
                            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

I'd love to have a mission breaking up a protest of a violent video game or something .

Comment

I'd love to have a mission breaking up a protest of a violent video game or something

go aquire a copy of Postal2. In part of the game your office is stormed by parents with guns who are pissed at the company for producing violent games. But you can kill them all outside the building where they are picketing peacefully before that.

Note: Postal2 is a dumb game. They went out of thier way to make it seem politicaly incorrect in the reviews and whatnots before its release but in truth they were so scared of the PC Nazis that the game is more PC than the bible. And the "gore" is more tame than GTA3.

Comment

Working...
                                X