X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTA: San Andreas - confirmed!

Rockstar Games Announces Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
    Monday March 1, 7:55 am ET

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 1, 2004--Rockstar Games, the world-renowned publishing division of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO - News), is pleased to announce Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, the next iteration in the globally successful Grand Theft Auto franchise. Developed by world-class designers Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas will be available exclusively for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and is expected to be in stores in North America on October 19, 2004 and in Europe on October 22, 2004.

"In the past couple of years, we have put an enormous amount of pressure on ourselves to ensure we do everything possible to exceed people's expectations with Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas," stated Sam Houser, President of Rockstar Games. "Even though we still have eight months to go, we are starting to become very proud of what we have achieved and we can't wait to get the game into players' hands."

Leslie Benzies, President of Rockstar North, stated, "We are extremely humbled by the success of the Grand Theft Auto series and it has made us push ourselves further than ever to create a title in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas that will hopefully redefine the Grand Theft Auto series and revolutionize open-ended gameplay and video game production values."

Over 30 million units of the Grand Theft Auto franchise have been shipped to date, including over 11.5 million units of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and over 10.5 million units of Grand Theft Auto 3.

I love this

However, if this won't come out for the PC, I'm going to get nasty on their arse!

Other games, perhaps?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Done
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

YAY!
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
          YAY!
          If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
            How is this good news?
            Because GTA is the greatest video game series ever. Duh!
            - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
            - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
            - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

While I very much enjoyed GTA:VC, I hope there are some significant improvements made to the game engine & mechanics to justify the price; I also hope the PC version is cleaner (not content-wise, but bug and performance-wise).
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I heard that it was gonna be in Las Vegas! They better have gmabling in this one, that would rock!
                Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
                Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

How is this good news?

You ever played GTA? Like Templar said, greatest video game series EVER! The Civ series can't even hold a candle to it.

While I very much enjoyed GTA:VC, I hope there are some significant improvements made to the game engine & mechanics to justify the price; I also hope the PC version is cleaner (not content-wise, but bug and performance-wise).

I'd pay $50 for GTA:VC engine just redone for SA . But it looks like they are going to make refinements.

Looks like we'll have to wait for it on the PS2 first though.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
                    Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                    YAY!
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

However, if this won't come out for the PC, I'm going to get nasty on their arse!

do you have any friends?

You ever played GTA? Like Templar said, greatest video game series EVER! The Civ series can't even hold a candle to it.

You dont belong. You're not one of the chosen, leave now.

as for the subject of the thread...

But lets hope it has a lotta bit more depth this time. If it's just GTA with a new city again I will burn all of my GTA games.

Comment

You dont belong. You're not one of the chosen, leave now.

I've been here much longer than you... you leave .

Comment

But you still don't belong.
                          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Of course I do. I'm a DEITY! We're like moderators... we ALWAYS belong

Comment

Of course I do. I'm a DEITY! We're like moderators... we ALWAYS belong

In my eyes you are but a silly chieftan. ( with a bad avatar! )

Really though, how do you think GTA is better than Civ? I admit GTA is a great game but no where's near as great as the Civilization series, which only consists of two games contrary to popular belief.

number three is not sacred, a false prophet infected the holy name of Civilization with this trash! But I shall save my anger for another time.

Comment

Working...
                              X