Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silent Storm, turn-based tactics ala FOT, WW2 setting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah I've been playing fallout:tactics. so I'm in the mood. I haven't seen this game at best buy, maybe I missed it. I may have to check out Fry's. Both places seperate games by genres, maybe they have it with the action games.

Comment

Its fun so far but i'm only two missions in and it keeps crashing. Looking at the boards there seem to be the usual complaints about lack of support from Jowood.

But on the plus side lots of weapons although many seem similar but it does allow me to indulge in role playing. The graphics appear simplistic but the more i've played the more small details i notice. Its feels very much like Jagged Alliance although your characters have less personality and its a bit more linear. The combat though is much more advanced. The physics engine looks quite advanced and most of scenery can be blown up Its not quite perfect though as i tried to climb in through a blown out window and it wouldn't let me. The ability to shoot bullet holes in statues seems to be mainly cosmetic. Line of sight works well and the firefights are fun.
      On the downside. Very few on the tactical combat so far but the strategic side feels a bit bare. There's no base or resource management and no tech tree. New weapons just appear back at base or some can be found on maps. There's also no financial element and restocking at base doesn't seem a problem - i was collecting all the spare ammo and supplies thinking i might be able to do something with them. Also your NPCs can get shot to pieces but recover instantly once you get back to base so there seems little incentive to rotate squad members.
      So a big thumbs up so if i can stop those crash to desktop experiences.

Comment

Just a note: Squad members CAN die, but they need to take a severe amount of damage beyond what knocks them out. On harder difficulty levels, they can die if they are unconscious for a long enough period of time, too, I think.
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Hmm, might give it a try too one of these days.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I now have this game- along with Arx Fatalis. both borrowed from my brother.

Unfortunately I don't have the manual to this game, I need to check if it is on the CD.

I've been playing Arx Fatalis, and haven't had time to check out this game much. But I did fire up a mission real quick.

I'm confused. What am I supposed to be doing? The voice acting is kind of weird and hokey. But I have no idea what my mission is, and what I'm supposed to be doing. I chose Germany. There was some thing about a robbery of some sort- maybe a bank robbery.

The interface is weird too. I'll have to see if I can get used to. A similar problem I'm having in Arx Fatalis. The interface in that game is really weird as well. I hate annoying interfaces. But I'm open minded enough to get it a good chance and thourough play test to see if I like it. both games are built outside the U.S. maybe that explains the interface issues.

Comment

Working...
            X