No announcement yet.

old fart nostalgia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cant remember where the elastic bands go either. I suspect his kids are lying to him and are using the replacement elastic bands for something else...

Do you mean Mousetrap?
    No, dont you remember Trapdoor?

Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

OMG! When I see the picture the music comes into my head! Noooooo!

"Don't go near the Trapdoor!" ????

-Jam
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Don’t you open that trapdoor!
        Your a fool if you dare.
        Don’t you open that trapdoor,
        Cause theres something down there.
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

OPEN the trapdoor, of course *slaps head* ... but he always did open it and something would come out and his boss would get mad, and he'd have to cook a slug pie... ah it all comes back.

I prefered "Dogtanian & the 3 Muskerhounds" or "Cities of Gold".

Better music too

-Jam
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski

Do you mean Mousetrap?

-Jam
            POTM has a friend who has Mousetrap, and she has gotten into it, which warms my heart, since i remember loving it. What surprised her was when I told her there was a Television show based on the game. Anyone else here remember that?

Etch a sketch i liked, POTM can take it or leave it.
            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

I had mousetrap when I was about 5..............can't believe they still make it. Quality game though.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                I had mousetrap when I was about 5..............can't believe they still make it. Quality game though.
                Basically the toy and games industry has figured out that a lot of toys and games get purchased by parents and other adults, and so theres a market for the games that we remember and are nostalgic about - and board games arent made obsolete by technology like computer and video games - I recent trip to toys'r'us in search of board games reveals a mix of boomer era games like Life, mousetrap, stratego,operation etc, classics like monopoly and scrabble, and a few 'contemporary" games.
                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

By the way the continued existence of board games provides another spin on the PC vs Console thing - one of the advantages of consoles being the ease of multiplayer in the same room with RL friends - for those of us with console free households board games provide the same advantage, without requiring investment in yet another gaming platform, and without pressure to buy some of the console games i wouldnt want around the house.

Comment

The greatest board game is RISK. Wonderful for family arguments all day long Or Monopoly with the usual insane house rules (buying shares in people's hotel chains?)

-Jam

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
                      Thats it i think, Castles and Catapults, although i know they werent "balls" they were shaped like gambling chips but they had round stickers of different rank of men on each chip, flicking one of those at someones face, especially with the crossbow, was quite painful, IIRC.
                      Hmmm. I think yours is Castles and Catapults and mine is Weapons & Warriors now that I think about it. The one I was talking about had Pirate sets with ships and cannons also.

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
                        No, dont you remember Trapdoor?

Could someone please tell me what this actually was about?

I remember playing a game (On C64) with those person on the picture, and there were something about some trapdoor or something... I never actually figured out what it was about... It was a long time before I learned to read/speak english...
                        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

ZX Galaxian for the Sinclair ZX81.

Spellbound, Ant Attack, Sabre Wulf, Lords of Midnight and Manic Miner - all for the ZX Spectrum.

Long live the Speccy!!!
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

Oh, I forgot ELITE. That game kicked ass.
                            Only feebs vote.

Comment

Ah fond memories on all of this. We called the 10 unit pieces tenners. My friend and I used to divide up all the colors and set up the board with all of the armies in strange patterns and structures, then we would go to war. Sure did take a while though.

Does anyone remember battling tops?
                              Crossfire? (steel ball in a plastic hoop, blue and red. Two opposing guns that fired steel balls and the red and blue "pucks" Trying to get them in your opponents goal, or keep them from yours.
                              Seeing "Star Trek"'s original broadcasts?
                              We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

What surprised her was when I told her there was a Television show based on the game. Anyone else here remember that?
                                You asked that same question in some other thread, and i remember seeing some 70's maybe 60's gameshow. Strange which subjects you remember.

I prefered "Dogtanian & the 3 Muskerhounds"
                                Also excellent, didnt ever play a game of it, but yes, the music was great on the cartoon

Could someone please tell me what this actually was about?
                                "OPEN the trapdoor, of course *slaps head* ... but he always did open it and something would come out and his boss would get mad, and he'd have to cook a slug pie... ah it all comes back."

Thats about it

Comment

Working...
                                X