No announcement yet.

old fart nostalgia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i had an imitation computer console game which could play some lame version of asteroids.....i wish i remember what it was called though.

mousetrap had elastic bands, i had that game.

does anyone remember playing Trouble...it had the die in the bubble that you pushed down on and it would pop..and the die would roll...
    Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by War4ever
      does anyone remember playing Trouble...it had the die in the bubble that you pushed down on and it would pop..and the die would roll...
      Yup.
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

In the UK it was called Frustration, and it ruled.

Comment

There was a old deluxe version of monopoly that was in a designer wooden case, and it had wooden houses/hotels.

Mousetrap was a favorite.

And I remember trouble.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

In the UK it was called Frustration, and it ruled.
            It blew. It was just Ludo, with the dice in a bubble so kids couldn't lose them. Pah, even snakes and ladders was better... or doctors and nurses

-Jam
            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Yeah but it made a cool noise when it popped back up.

Comment

Originally posted by child of Thor
                Anyone remember the name of that super home computer from the 80's(dont know which country made it) that had 128k and could run different software from differnet platforms, if my memmory hasn't gone it also had the capability to display 320x200ish in about 16 colours i think?
                The only computer I remember that could do that was from Ohio Scientific.
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Father Beast
                  Then I got nostalgic as missionary in the late 80's and remade it from memory on cardstock.
                  Oh wow, I didn't know you were a missionary.
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: old fart nostalgia

Originally posted by DrSpike
                    My version has metal pieces; it is quite old I suppose. It has plastic houses and hotels though.
                    Oh, I remember an old game we used to have when we were kids. It's a board game sort of like Monopoly or Career, but you draw your starting character such as Silverspoon, and they each have a fixed starting position and money. There's this one with no money but also doesn't have to pay fines for the first 5 times.

You wander around a board in circles like Monopoly but there are no houses or hotels, and there are subpaths that branch out like Career. And the money are carboard circles of various sizes.

Does anybody remember what it is?

Comment

Of course almost every old Avalon Hill board war games are considered old timer material now.

I was cleaning out the closet the other day and found a bag of 4/6/8/20 sided dice. Ah, the nostalgia.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Did you keep them, the dice? i bet you did I keep mine in a 'magic' bag of bits and bobs, just in case
                        'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Yep, guilty, I couldn't bring myself to throw them away. My magic bag is an old royal blue Chevas bag.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well thats ok - you never know when you might need them........i think
                            'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

I still have my "MINES" D&D world in a binder, just in case.
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I keep looking on ebay to see if early issues of White Dwarf (before they went all warhammer) are this year's hot item but i guess its not quite their time.

And i keep hoping Trapdoor will be released on DVD as my VHS are getting warn out.

There was the MSX computers which was suppose to be cross manufacturer but i think it was more a standard for mainly different japanese companies rather than running loads of different OS games.

Comment

Working...
                                X