X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by duke o' york
    Damn you all you buggers!

The temptation of this thread has become so great that I've just submitted a bid for BG on ebay. Should I bid farewell to my girlfriend and social life if I buy it?

PS - maybe the makers will give you a small bonus for doing such a good job at advertising.

They got me, too. The original + the Swords expansion is only $9.99 at ebworld.com. Free shipping, too.

Now I just have to wait....
    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

• ...the difficulty in figuring out where you were in the story and what you needed to do, when you return to the game....
      What's this "return to the game" ? I never leave.

-Jam
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• Yeah on top of that if you know as much of the game as Jamski does, you practically don't die. In my games I die about 10 times/hour

Also I have that tendency to loot a lot, and that takes up a lot of time. It would certainly take a few months for me to finish the game
        "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
        "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

• Ah - you know the way to "fast loot" the corpses ?

Give one character the Boots of Speed and put them in the #1 slot in the party order. Keep their inventory clean most of the time. In BG2 give them 3 scroll boxes, 3 gem bags and a Bag of Holding. It also helps if your "trashman" character is a Wizard or Bard for high Lore.

Now scoot around picking up ONLY magical items, gold, scrolls, and the HIGH VALUE gems. The rest is trash. By high value gems I mean the ones like Opals, Moonstones... not Andars or Silver Chains. Bung all the gems into the bag, and put the scrolls in the cases...
          When the character is over a pile of loot, don't click on each item to put it in the inventory, and then open the inventory and move it about. R-click on the portrait, and move stuff straight from the ground to the right character or container.
          When the inventory is full of un-identified loot, r-click on each item, and press "Enter" with the left hand to make it MUCH faster than always clicking "Done"

There - looting made 200% faster.

Also, remember what loot is worth even checking. Goblins don't even get a peek.

-Jam
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

• ...if you know as much of the game as Jamski does, you practically don't die...
            Yeah, I have done IWD2 and BG2 without reloads or resserrection. I failed on BG1, as I got killed by
            Spoiler:
            my lovely brother

I suppose I should be modest about it, but I do feel I achieved something.

-Jam

Comment

• Jamski only sees the world from an isometric viewpoint.

Drogue, didn't you say that you were in sixth form in the OT somewhere? I have to live with my girlfriend, and it remains to be seen whether she is as forgiving as Mrs Jamski. She lets me play Civ now and again though.

Comment

• I'm on a gap year before university now, so I (sadly) don't live with my girlfriend. We were talking about it, but shes a full time student, and I'm a part time student (retaking a couple of A level modules) so we can't afford it
                Smile
                For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

• Jamski only sees the world from an isometric viewpoint.
                  You mean there's another one?

...so we can't afford it
                  You know what they say Drogue - two can live as cheaply as one. Hlf the gas bill, half the phone bill, half the TV licence, less rent...

-Jam

Comment

• Very true, but we both live with parents at the moment. To live on our own would cost at least:
                    £100 per week in rent
                    £30 per week food
                    £20 per week phone and car
                    £10 per week misc
                    + going out (which is currently about £30-50 per week).

It would be great, but with her not working and me working part time it's just not feasable Unless I can find stuff out about government housing thing, which may pay for the rent. In that case, it would be wonderful
                    Smile

Comment

• [Jamski mode]

Yeah, but if you steal the magical Belt of Rent Support from the titan at the entrance to the Bongolia caves, then you can give it to your druid and he'll pay your rent for you!

[/Jamski mode]

Good luck with the future Drogue - if you're going to the same university then you'll find it's cheaper to find a flat with her (or even cheaper to share with other people as well) than to go into student halls.

Comment

• Ah, you're both with your parent atm... hmmm... I just assumed you both were renting seperate places. Ah well Makes sex difficult I suppose

I'd go with the magical belt of Rent Support
                        Spoiler:
                        It holds your trousers up too

-Jam

Comment

• Thanks I don't think we will. She would kill me if I turned down Oxford for her, and she likes Liverpool, so she'll probably go there. However if we both get into Warwick, and she decides she likes it, it could well happen. My Oxford offer is pure evil (4 As) and Warwick is certainly my second choice.

But either way, we have half a year away from uni, so I'm sure we can get to spend time together
                          Smile

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamski
                            Ah, you're both with your parent atm... hmmm... I just assumed you both were renting seperate places. Ah well Makes sex difficult I suppose
                            Yes, but not too difficult. Either way, Since I started working full time I was very tempted, but we want to go on holiday in the summer, and we want to go out now, and with uni afterwards, I thought the money was better spent on those. The summer will be fantastic
                            Smile

Comment

• Ah, the summer before I wnt to university... I had such a beautiful girlfriend - looked like Heidi Klum - and two days after getting to the Uni, she let me know that she'd just got engaged to some **** called Gary Women, eh?

Give me IE games and SMAC instead... Oh, and Mrs Jamski of course Nearly forgot

-Jam

Comment

• Damn!
                                Some cheeky monkey has outbid me on ebay, and I'm not going to fork out loads of cash for a game that's (a)second hand, and (b) years old.
                                Oh well, back to the search screen.

Comment

Working...
                                X