• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lord of the mark

In addition, must i
    Spoiler:
    go meet with or kill the friend of saverok that tamoko warned me about
    first, to advance the plot? And will i find said person in the Iron throne building?
    I don't think that it's absolutely necessart for advancement of the plot, but I'd suggest doing so before using the invite.

Comment

• oh and yes they should be in the IT

Comment

• damn. I never finishedd Bg1 and I deleted it from my drive.

Now I try to reinstall it, and it doesn't work. I had the same problem with my brother's set of discs as well. I get an error during install, and it never finished properly.

I wanted to finish this game. Oh well. I prefer Baldur's Gate 2 anyways.

Comment

• LotM - that's exactly right.

And then comes a sequence that had me reloading for 4 days...
          (read : it gets very hard)

For your entertainment, my Assassin deals 316 points of damage to a poor unsuspecting Drow. I'm proud of that. (Critical hit with DHUM, 6 x backstab multiplier and a poisoned Celestial Fury)

-Jam
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• Ah, it didn't attach. Let's try that again...

-Jam
            Attached Files
            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

• attackiert? I find it strange the word is so similar.

Comment

• Most of the words are pretty much the same - "Automatische Pause" is pretty obvious.
                Translated for those who still can't read German

Jamskianna - Weapon Poisoned : Jamskianna
                Jamskianna - Automactic Pause : Spell Cast
                Jamskianna - Attacks Drow
                Jamskianna - Critical Hit
                Jamskianna - Attack Roll 20+16=36 : Hit
                Jamskianna - Six Times Damage Through Backstab
                Jamskianna deals 316 points of damage to Drow
                Drow - Dies!
                Drow - Poison

-Jam

Comment

• +16 to hit? And how in 3 days or so did you get to the Underdark? Do you do Spellhold before you do most of the out of Athkatla quests?

And how do you get DUHM on an assassin? I though it was only cast on the caster?
                  Smile
                  For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                  But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

• Damn you all you buggers!

The temptation of this thread has become so great that I've just submitted a bid for BG on ebay. Should I bid farewell to my girlfriend and social life if I buy it?

PS - maybe the makers will give you a small bonus for doing such a good job at advertising.

Comment

• Originally posted by duke o' york
                      The temptation of this thread has become so great that I've just submitted a bid for BG on ebay. Should I bid farewell to my girlfriend and social life if I buy it?
                      Depends if you're girlfriend is as wonderful as mine and buys it for herself too

Seriously, it is possible to play it in moderation. Sure, when you start, you'll want to be on for a few hours at least, but if you only do that on a couple of free days a week, it's fine. I have a social life and I play BG. The only problem is, if you really like it, for a while, you won't want a social life. It is a brilliant game though
                      Smile

Comment

• +16 to hit? And how in 3 days or so did you get to the Underdark? Do you do Spellhold before you do most of the out of Athkatla quests?

And how do you get DUHM on an assassin? I though it was only cast on the caster?
                        Heh - I did ALL the chapter 2 quests befopre going to Spellhold. As in ALL of them. I just did nothing else for 3 days, starting at 8:30am and playing untill 2:30am. I'm halfway through ToB now with this party.

I made an error - DUHM was taken from me in Spellhold. I'm using the belt of Xgiant strength instead now.

And +16 to hit? All you need is to be invisible (+4) hasted (+4) using a decent weapon (Celestial Fury +3) An assassin gets +1 and another +4 for high STR. Nice.

-Jam

Comment

• Seriously, it is possible to play it in moderation.
                          No it ain't

-Jam

Comment

• I didn't know hasted got a +4

That's quick! Have you not had work? I mean, I would expect at least a week straight to finish SoA (I never have actually, got bored after the Underdark, however have done up to Spellhold about 20 or 30 times)
                            Smile

Comment

• Its undocumented Also a -4 to AC...

No work at the moment, nope. I'm unemployed since Xmas again

After the Underdark, assuming you did most of the side stuff in Chapter 2, then its just a romp home.
                              Spoiler:
                              Go back to the city, kill Bhodi again, go back to the elf city, kill some golems demons and another dragon, kill Irenicus, do the trials and kill Irenicus - takes about 3-5 hours from leaving the Underdark to the final battle. Of course, I don't even read the text anymore, just know which answers are the fastest way to end the converstaion.

-Jam

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamski

No it ain't

-Jam
                                Part of thats addictiveness, but part of it is the difficulty in figuring out where you were in the story and what you needed to do, when you return to the game. I would hope interface improvements, esp. to the journal, have helped.
                                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
                                X