X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOTM,

Have you been to the iron throne yet?

If not, then I get the feeling that something funny is going on. Try talking to Duke Eltan before fighting him, if you are able.

Comment

• Originally posted by centrifuge
      LOTM,

Have you been to the iron throne yet?

If not, then I get the feeling that something funny is going on. Try talking to Duke Eltan before fighting him, if you are able.
      no i havent been to the IT (i did open the door by mistake, but didnt go in - that shouldnt matter, should it?). I came back from my second trip to the Seven suns, went upstairs to speak to DE, got my reward, went downstairs to leave, found no exit. Went up, in dialogue he said i know too much, and started fighting.
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• interesting, that has never happened to me before , this game is just full of surprises

Comment

• He's played all day yesterday, he's probably level 12-15 by now. And Kensai's really are special when it comes to dragons
          Yep, I've played two days solid now, snatching only 5 hours sleep in the middle. And I'm going SLOW because of the HUGE amount of banter from 4 simultanious romances + banter pack. I have now slept with Anomen, Kelsey and kissed Chloe. Jaheira is a slow one. Nice.

Chloe - "Evil... impulses... too... strong. Must... kill knight weighted down by heavy armour... Akadia's blood... demands it!"
          Anomen - "Quiet woman!"

All that every 3 or 4 minutes.

I found doing Firkraag's dungeon, especially the tomb of King Samia, a lot harder than Firkraag himself.
          Spoiler:
          Yeah, the greater wolfweres, adamitium golems, a beholder, efreeti and vampire hordes tend to grate a bit.

-Jam
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• btw Jamski, remind me (well spoiler it ) how to kill adamitium golems

Never seem to find a suitable weapon when I meet one
            "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
            "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

• Heh.
              Spoiler:
              They have 100% magic resistance. They are also immune to weapons of less than +3 enchantment. Note - they don't fit through doors so well. Stay on the other side and attack with either 3 x Lower Resist + LOADS of Magic Missiles or cast Melf's Minute Meteors, which have the undocumented side effect of striking as a +6 (yes six) weapon) Or melee with the greatest magical weapons. Crom Faer kills golems straight off too. Sorry I can't be bothered to track down the Golems' other resistances, but even with a +whatever weapon its still resisting 90% of the damage or something. They really are tough, and if it wasn't for the doorways...

How's that?

-Jam
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

• I'm currently playing Throne of Bhaal but reading this i think i'm much more tempted by the 'simplicity' of BG1. I've no idea what level i am as it seems irrelevant (around 30 i guess) and its a case of oh look another dozen drow lets mangle them. I have so many special abilities i don't know where to start.
                Its very tedious compared to the joy of exploring in BG1 and getting excited about reaching 3rd level !

Comment

• ToB is just a mad romp through a series of insane boss fights. Can I reccommend the "Ascension" mod to make it even more harder? Then you NEED to get as many specials as you can, and use them all. *S******* Its really GRIM. It does end the story off well though.

-Jam

Comment

• Deleted - question already answered
                    Last edited by Drogue; January 23, 2004, 21:51.
                    Smile
                    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

• That's what I said !

-Jam

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamski
                        ToB is just a mad romp through a series of insane boss fights. Can I reccommend the "Ascension" mod to make it even more harder? Then you NEED to get as many specials as you can, and use them all. *S******* Its really GRIM. It does end the story off well though.

-Jam
                        OH YES!! LINK LINK!

btw it is idd somewhat funny that you can buy +3 weapons from simple merchants there. +3 weapons should be rare and powerful, but of course if your enemies are that strong you can't do with simple steel
                        "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                        "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

• Even Throne of Bhaal was beyond Senoir Monty Haul's wildest imagination when he patented the treasure/magic-saturation affliction thusly named after him.

I didn't like Throne of Bhaal, obviously. Still, it was almost worth the price of admission when you meet those three 1st-level adventurers, they "reload" the game after trying to trounce you, and then you assign them a quest for the reward of--beyond the dreams of avarice!--100 gold.

"Oh wait, we have to rest so I can memorize magic missle!"
                          "I wake. I work. I sleep. I die. The dark of space my only sky. My life is passed, and all I've been will never touch the earth again." --The Ballad of Sky Farm 3, Anonymous, Datalinks

Comment

• I'm getting quite bored with it. Its challenging enough for me without the "Ascension" mod (maybe next time around) but i've just done Sendai's (sp ?) lair and it felt more like a stamina test that a RPG. Very much in the Icewind Dale mode of game playing. It is well made though.
                            Looking forward to PLanescape though which i've just found on ebay.

Comment

• OH YES!! LINK LINK!
                              All the mods for BG2 are in the thread I linked to above. I reccommend you install Baldurdash, Ease of Use, Item Upgrade, all of the extra NPCs, Tactics (all components) and Acsension. A very different game indeed, with the MUCH harder fights and extra areas complimented by the cool toys you can get Cromwell to make for you from other weapons and items.

-Jam

Comment

• BG1 chapter 7

ive gotten the invite, and gone to the
                                Spoiler:
                                palace
                                . It seems that if
                                Spoiler:
                                the dopplegangers kill belt before i manage to kill all of them then saverok will kill me
                                and i will lose.

In addition, must i
                                Spoiler:
                                go meet with or kill the friend of saverok that tamoko warned me about
                                first, to advance the plot? And will i find said person in the Iron throne building?
                                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
                                X