Are you on the left or on the right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you on the left or on the right?

There was a discussion on another thread about whether Poly was left or right centric. How would you identify your political position if you had to give an either or answer.
    Right and American
    16.67%
    Left and American
    18.42%
    Right and Non-American
    15.79%
    Left and Non-American
    38.60%
    Bananas can bend both ways.
    10.53%
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

What does left and what does right imply politically?

Does that give you a hint?

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Poly is left to the rightists and right to the leftists .

But it really is left .
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I'm left. Or at least I hope so. I don't think I could live with myself if I was right-wing.
        "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Could someone help me here, by telling me which one I am now? I, honestly, don't know anymore.

Comment

Ask yourself if you were in power would you ... and when you start to think about you in power you know you're right wing
            Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Paul and other lefties, why don't you try to argue the rightist point of view just for a lark? In fact, it might be fun to switch ideology for a day, where we all have to switch and argue politics from the opposite point of view.
              http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

I'd say I'm almost smack in the center, but maybe ever so slightly to the left (though I really do emphasize EVER SO SLIGHTLY). I'm about as likely to embrace communism, in any form, as I am to become a hyper-patriotic right-wing American.

As for 'poly, I'd say there's a good mix of left and right extremes, but the overall skew is most likely a little more left than I am.
                "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

I get to do that nearly every post, since the lefties think I'm a rightie and the righties think I'm a lefty.
                  When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Right.. or center right would be more accurate.
                    And I'am American after all, Chile is the continent called America

But I know what you mean so I put "Right/Non American"
                    >>> El cine se lee en dvdplay <<<

Comment

I might be wut the republicans would be if they didnt have to get into bed w/ the xtians.

Comment

I am not American. European. From Spain. I am right wing.
                        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

My question hasn't been answered, Is conservative considered left or right?

ACK!
                          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

conservative is right. liberal is left.

Comment

Well, I'm American... South American. And leftist.
                              How should I vote?
                              RIAA sucks
                              The Optimistas
                              I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Working...
                              X