In This Date in 1981

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That would be computer Hell, Buck.

You want Basic? My brother had a Timex Sinclair.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Macs crash now far more often than PC.

It's a pity that Apple were so greedy back then as they didn't allow their architecture to be open. Otherwise, we might have a choice today.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
        Do you know that MSFT has lost more than 50% of market cap since Jan 2000? At its peak it was worth 700B, or something insane like that.
        Compare that to the NASDAQ average and it paints a slightly different picture.

Interesting spin you tried, though.

Other interestings facts:
        MSFT's revenue jumped from $22,956,000,000 in 2000 to $28,365,000,000 in 2002.
        Gross profit from $19,954,000,000 to $23,174,000,000.
        Total current assets from $30,308,000,000 to $48,576,000,000.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I was born!

Oh, wait, we already did a thread on that...my bad.
          The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Asher, why do you love MS so much? You are always so passionate in their defense.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
              That would be computer Hell, Buck.

You want Basic? My brother had a Timex Sinclair.
              They were called Sinclair Spectrums in the UK and every kid had one (who wouldn't with a massive 48k memory?)

BTW is anyone old enough to have owned a Vic20? 3.5k of RAM and a version of BASIC that made machine code look easy!

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Merciless
                Asher, why do you love MS so much? You are always so passionate in their defense.
                It's not that I love MS, it's that I hate people who are anti-MS and try to subvert everyone because they don't know any better.

So I will be here to correct and clarify in times like these.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever

They were called Sinclair Spectrums in the UK and every kid had one (who wouldn't with a massive 48k memory?)

BTW is anyone old enough to have owned a Vic20? 3.5k of RAM and a version of BASIC that made machine code look easy!
                  Go ZX spectrum- Elite, Jet set willy,manic miner, ninja scooter. they are all classics.
                  Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                  Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever They were called Sinclair Spectrums in the UK and every kid had one (who wouldn't with a massive 48k memory?)

ZX81, cost £10, 1K RAM (we eventually upgraded to 8K) Had a special pack of frozen peas to sit it on to keep it cool.

Then upgraded to a BBC Model A with a huge 16K RAM that we eventually upgraded to 32K

Then to the Commodore 64. The far superior competitor of the crappy see-through colour and rubber keyed Speccy.
                    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                    We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                    X