Quote your Avatar(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote your Avatar(s)

Well, I am back form the lion's den of the Shrubbies, and I thought, why not come back with something fresh?

So, the premise is simple: write in some quotes from any of your previous or current avatars: now, if you have an avatar whom does not speak in any way, be creative and make one up.

So, to enlighten ye heathens with some Nietzsche:

Reader's bad manners.- A reader is doubtly guilty of bad manners against the author when he praises his second book at the expense of the first (or vice versa) and then asks the author to be grateful for that.

The worst readers.- The worst readers are those who proceed like plundering soldiers: they pick up a few things they can use, soil and confuse the rest, and blaspheme the whole.

Sharpest critism- One criticizes a person, a book, most sharply when one pictures their ideal.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

"squeak"
    Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

"

"
      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Holy Crap I'm in Hell!

Comment

Some more:

Original- Not one that is the first to see something new, but that one sees as new what is old, long familiar, seen and overlooked by everybody, is what destinguishes truly original minds. The first discoverer is ordinarily that wholly common creature, devoid of spirit and addicted to fantasy- accident.

Philisophers error- The philosopher supposes that the value of his philosophy lies in the whole, in the structure; but posterity finds its value in the stones which he used for building, and which is used many more times after that building- better. Thus it finds the value in the fact that the structure can be destroyed and nevertheless retains value as building material.

Too much and too little- all men now live thorugh too much and think through too little: they suffer at the same time from extreme hunger and colic, and therefore become thinner and thinner, no matter how much they eat.- Whoever says now, "I have not lived through anything"- is an ass.

Comment

la de da la de de I'm a cow dancin on a tree
            la de da la de do While I dance I like to moo

...ok, you have anything better?
            "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
            ^ The Poly equivalent of:
            "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

"Not the spores! Not the spores! Agh! Ack! Aaaaaaaaaaah!"

-From G.I. Joe The Movie
              Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
              Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
              *****Citizen of the Hive****
              "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

On apolyton:

Being misunderstood- When one is misunderstood as a whole, it is impossible to remove completely a single misunderstanding. One has to realize this lest one waste superfluous energy on ones defense.

How one improves bad arguments/- Some people throw a bit of their personality after their bad arguments, as if that might straighten their paths and turn them into right and good arguments- just as a man in a bowling alley, after he has let go of the ball, stil tries to direct it with gestures.

Being deep and appearing deep- Whomever knows he is deep strives for clarity; whoever would like to appear deep to the crowd , strives for obscurity. For the crowd considers anyting deep if only it cannot see to the bottom: the crowd is so timid and afraid of going into the water.

Against mediators- Those who wish to be mediators between two resolute thinkers are marked as mediocre: they lack the eyes to see the unparalleled; seeing things as similar and making them the same is the mark of weak eyes.

Dying for the "truth"- We should not let ourselves be burnt for our opinions: we are not that sure of them. But perhaps for this: that we may have and change our opinions.

Comment

"Hey, Harry the Hamster, do you hear something? I thought I heard something over in that direction [waves to a nearby hill]. Ah, must be a chicken or some other form of poultry that inhabits this terrain."

The last words of Eli the Eliminator, Immortal of the Lost Empire of Vox Controli.

Comment

It never ends! More Nietzsche.

The conditions of God-"God himself cannot exist without wise men" -Luther said, and was right. But "God can exist even less without unwise men" - that good old Luther did not say.

Dreams- We have no dreams at all or interesting ones. We should learn to be awake the same way- not at all or in an interesting manner.

what is the seal of attained freedom?- No longer being ashamed in front of oneself.

Rationality ex post facto- Whatever lives long is gradually so saturated with reason that its irrational origins become improbable. Does not almost every accurate history of the origin of something sound paradoxical and sacreligious to our feelings? Doesn't the good historian contradict all the time?

End and goal- Not every end is a goal. The end of a melody is not its goal; and yet: as long as the melody has not reached its end, it also hasn't reached its goal. A parable.

Comment

ACK!!!!! PPTTHHBBBPTTTTT!!!!!!

ACK!
                      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Take that! And that! I shalt slaughter thee!!
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Perhaps the end?

A testimony of love- Somebody said: "About two persons I have never reflected very thoroughly: that is the testimony of my love for them".

Don't Touch!- There are terrible people who, instead of solving as problem, bungle it and make it more difficult for all who come after. Whoever can't hit the nail on the head should, please, not hit it at all.

Not to wish to see too soon- As long as one lives through an experience, one must surrender to the experience and shut ones's eyes instead of becoming an observer immidiately. For that would disturb good digestion of the experience: instead of wisdom one would acquire indigestion.

Remorse- Never give way to remorse, but immidately say to yourself: that would mean adding a second stupidity to the first.- if you have done harm, see how you can do good.- If you are punished for your actions, bear the punishment with the feeling you are doing good- by dettering others from falling prey to the same folly. Every evildoesr who is punished may feel he is the benefactor of humanity.

Punishment- A strange thing, our punishment! It does not cleanse the criminal, it is no attonement: on the contrary, it pollutes worse than the crime does.

My dog- I have given a name to my pain and call it "dog": it is just as faithful, just as obstrusive and shameless, just as entertaining. just as clever as any other dog- and i can scold it and vent my bad moods on it, as others do with thier dogs, servants, and wives.

Comment

I wish I had a custom avatar so that I could participate in this thread...
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                              I wish I had a custom avatar so that I could participate in this thread...
                              So, the premise is simple: write in some quotes from any of your previous or current avatars: now, if you have an avatar whom does not speak in any way, be creative and make one up.

Comment

Working...
                              X