No announcement yet.

Computer scientists and physics students

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they're taking intro courses. Once they find out what it's all about they usually decide to do something else.
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Hottest Chicks: Social Sciences, Architecture, Bussiness Management.
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

As much as I don't like Bodds, I think he's certainly correct in general.

I don't notice a bad odor from people here though (this is Canada, we have showers and deodorant), but the people in CS are generally socially awkward, dressed weird, and generally ****ed up.

There's only one hot girl that I know of in all of my CS lectures since I started, and only a few hot guys...
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

one of my friends roommates is a compsci physics double major, and stinks to high heaven. his resident assistant actually demanded that he take a shower once a week. how foul is that?
          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I don't know many people who take comsci or physics - my friend takes the former (at Birmingham) and his personal hygeine is good - but I don't know in a lot of cases.

I don't think we share rooms with student taking sciences too much at Swansea (aside from the Esso Lecture Theatre, which everyone has at least 1 lecture a week in, so they get to stare at the ESSO logo for an hour).

Comment

The Esso Lecture theatre? That's corporate sponsorship taken a little too far, methinks.
              "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Yup.

The funny thing is there's a black wire modernist sculpture on the wall, which looks just like two birds covered in oil.

Bery fitting

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Hanson
                  The Esso Lecture theatre? That's corporate sponsorship taken a little too far, methinks.
                  LOL.
                  We've got tons of those, we've got an Esso Lecture Theatre as well.

In addition to a Petro-Canada Lecture Theatre, ChevronTexaco Lecture Theatre, BP-Amoco Lecture Theatre...

The oil companies love my uni.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Hull's lecture theatres have inspiring names like "S30" and "Blackburn Building Lecture Theatre 4".

Oddly enough, companies just aren't interested in our prestigious institution of higher education.
                    "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
                      one of my friends roommates is a compsci physics double major, and stinks to high heaven. his resident assistant actually demanded that he take a shower once a week. how foul is that?
                      Oh man I'msorry for your buddy! He actually has to demand that?
                      In da butt.
                      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Many of ours have names in that barbarous langauge the Welsh insist on speaking.

Comment

We've got Nestle-Rowntree lecture theatres...
                          Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

In addition to a Petro-Canada Lecture Theatre, ChevronTexaco Lecture Theatre, BP-Amoco Lecture Theatre...

The oil companies love my uni

Wow! That's Cheeky! My uni has got corporate sponsorship at this kind of thing too, but they don't name it after themselves, they have a memorial plate or something.
                            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Why are lecture theatres almost always named after companies which have nation-wide boycotts?

Comment

I can't stop laughing at your theatre names!
                                In da butt.
                                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
                                X