Favorite Movie Fight Scenes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Azazel
    The vast majority of Hong Kong action movies make me laugh.
    The scripts suck big time, but the actions are excellent, even in cheap ones.

Also the final fight scene in Highlander, between Conner McCleod and the bad dude Kurgen.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Crouching Tiger: Hidden Dragon - above all others.
      Also Fight Club is pretty cool in regards to that.
      "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
      Drake Tungsten
      "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
      Albert Speer

Comment

The scripts suck big time, but the actions are excellent, even in cheap ones.

true. But as I said, I wouldn't even mind the scripts too much if they were actually played and not said-out-loud.
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

1. Matrix- Neo vs. Agent Smith "I'm going to enjoy watching you die...Mr. Anderson"
          2. Rocky- Rocky vs. Apollo Creed "cut me mick"
          3. Drunken Master 2- any part
          4. Gladiator- Max vs Comedus "I am Maximus Decimus Meridius..."
          5. Braveheart- Scotland vs England "God says that he can get me out of this but he's pretty sure your F***ed"
          "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
          - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard

Comment

The "Art of Fighting Without Fighting" scene is the best fight scene in the movie. Pure defeat.

Jackie Chan and Jet Li are good (Li is very good), but no one can compare to Bruce Lee. I watched a documentary on the making of his movies and a technical guy said the directors had to tell Lee to slow his moves down for the camera and audience because he was just too fast. Of course, he kicked Chuck Norris' a$$ in some tournament and Chuck ain't bad.

Comment

all of them

fighting is just cool

don't forget bloodsport. possibly the only jean claude van damme movie I liked.

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker

Of course, he kicked Chuck Norris' a$$ in some tournament and Chuck ain't bad.
                My personal Chuck favorite is Silent Rage.
                "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

! Yoda !
                  If playground rules don't apply, this is anarchy! -Kelso

Comment

That was more scary than favourite, tandee!
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

cowabungaaaaa! - pow!

Originally posted by OzzyKP
                      The all-time best fight scene:

Indiana Jones vs. the master swordsman in Raiders of the Lost Ark

Comment

i dont like wire fu or CGs

which pretty much limits it to jackie chan.
                        :-p

Comment

The fight over the sun glasses in They Live.
                          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

The gang house fight in Rumble in the Bronx. I also enjoyed the Matrix fight scenes (every damn one of 'em), Bruce Lee in "The Game" v. Chuck Norris, Rocky v. Apollo in Rocky 1, and The initial Ninja massacre at the beginning of Ninja Scroll.

Comment

You sure dug this thing up, Ecth.

Gandalf v. the Balrog (both the part in FotR and the sequence at the beginning of TTT) was pretty good.

Raiders of the Lost Ark: when Indy fights the Bald German by the plane. Honorable mention to shooting the swordsman.

I second:

Princess Bride (Inigo v. Man in Black, Inigo v. 6-fingered man)
                              Top Secret (various)
                              Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (yeah, the two chicks hackin' and slashin')
                              Braveheart (I might go with the rock tossing, actually)
                              Shrek (both Donkey & Shrek v. Knights and the Dragon scene)
                              DieHard (kill, cook, eat. Hilarious)

-Arrian
                              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

the Mononoke one loinburger mentioned is pretty good too

Comment

Working...
                                X