No announcement yet.

Favorite Movie Fight Scenes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the very end of "Karate Kid" when Mr Miyagi just steps aside so that Tom Berenger's character smashes his knuckles bloody against a car window.
    So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
    Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Anything involving Jackie Chan.

Or stick figures.
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
        in the movie soldier, when he fights the asian "supersoldier", both times.
        Ditto.
        Unbelievable!

Comment

Top Secret Always makes me laugh.. great one.

I like Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan.
          I like most Hong Kong movies.

But favourite gun fight is in Hard Boiled (uncut of course), it's just awesome.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

The vast majority of Hong Kong action movies make me laugh.
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Azazel, you aren't one of those 'they can't fly in real life, this sucks!'-types?

Hong Kong action movies rules so much it makes my head hurt. They have artistic flicks, they have also good humor, good goreographics, weird acting and.. well they just rule m'kay!?
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

No I am more of the 'hey, dude, next time you're making a movie, try to have your actors to actually express emotion when speaking.'. I know that these movies are not about talk at all, but it spoils the movie's legitimacy as a story, and the brain totally unreceptible to the rest of the story.
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

No no no.. you just hate then because they're chinese!
                  In da butt.

Comment

... I guess I'm busted, then.
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Several of the scenes in "Brotherhood of the Wolf" are quite nice.

Opening scene in "Saving Private Ryan", and the similar scenes in "Band of Brothers". Frightening.

And I have to agree with the weapon switching scene in CTHD
                      Gnu Ex Machina - the Gnu in the Machine

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                        Azazel, you aren't one of those 'they can't fly in real life, this sucks!'-types?
                        I admit I´m thinking this

Most of the Hongkong action I can´t stand although in some movies those exaggerated fighting scenes are really great (eg. Matrix). However normally I prefer classic fighting like in Gladiator or gunbattles like in Saving Private Ryan or Blackhawk Down
                        Blah

Comment

shrek and donkey against those knights

Comment

The all-time best fight scene:

Indiana Jones vs. the master swordsman in Raiders of the Lost Ark
                            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

opening scene of 'Good fellows' , not really a fight...
                              One of the last scenes of American X
                              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

The fight with the students in 'Chin Wu School'. It was released as the Chinese connection in the americas (but I saw the original in chinese ) . It was the first time I saw nunchuks used like that (and it led to many painful experiences practicing to do the same).
                                We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                                If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                                Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Working...
                                X