• Time
  • Show
Clear All

LoA,

Not in this case. le3 is for the character meaning "happiness."

Sik,

Yup. Same character too.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

There is a car model called HONDA FITTA . Fitta is the most popular Swedish slang for female genitals. Just imagine the tag lines and slogans they could make up if they tried to sell that car in Sweden:

Honda Fitta - Takes a man to handle

Honda Fitta - The car that gets bigger with time!

Increase your popularity - show your Fitta!

Honda Fitta - It's the inside that counts!

Honda Fitta - Every man's dream!

Honda Fitta - Ugly to look at, but awesome to ride!

Honda Fitta - A car for the feminists!

Honda Fitta - Now with direct injection!

...I could go on forever. Humour TV and web sites in Sweden had a lot of those when the car was announced in the rest of Europe.
      So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
      Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Re: Failed Ad Campaigns

Originally posted by DinoDoc
        Can anyone top this one for bad timing?

Hong Kong will take your breath away. - an ad commissioned before the SARS outbreak
        There was also:
        Hong Kong - there's no place like it.

That got the yank too.
        Golfing since 67

Comment

Honda Fitta - The car that gets bigger with time!

!
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

An ad for the Parisian mass transit.

It shows people and cars moving in slow motion and explains how things would be much worse without the mass transit.

Catch phrase is "To move the people"

Funny thing is that is was broadcasted the same time as the major one-month long strike which completely paralyzed Paris in 1995
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

timing is everything.
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Some time ago, there was one magazine which had a two-page story (if I remember right), about an accident somewhere, where lots of people where celebrating on 1st floor, then the floor crashed down, and lots of people where injuried (don't know if there where any dead though... didn't read the story...)

The "funny" thing was: On the next page, they had an add, where the picture showed a hole in the floor, where the line said: "What do you have for uninvited guests" (I think it was some coffee comercial)
                This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Working...
                X