The "That's how you seem" Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "That's how you seem" Thread!

Disclaimer: This thread is ment in no way to be an attack on posters on Poly and is for fun purposes only. If you can only find bad things to say about a poster, choose another one.

So I've been hangnin around Poly for a while now and I think I pretty much know what some of you are about. I'm also pretty sure that you have your own idea on some posters here. So I got a game we can play. You choose 3 posters and descride them shortly and when they will read the descrption you gave them it will give them a good idea on what impretion they give based on a couple of description. Let me start with....

Slowwhand: He will say whatever can he can to stick the needle as far up your ass as possible so that he's sure he'll make you react. I dont think he always means what he says based on a couple of threads all together. Bright, rebellius on poly and 25% troll.

Spiffor: Great comments usualy, seems like he wants to be a guru of some sort while always having the most rational answer. I dig that. But his mind can easily be changed, I dig that too.

Uberkrux: Plain funny. He's seems like the kind of guy that doesn't give a f**k about what people think of his answers or replies so he just says whats on his mind.

Remember, if you dont have anything good to say about a poster just choose another one.
    Thank you.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Ted Striker: Probably the most similar person on here to me. A bit of a player and loves everything the US stands for

Che Guevara: Would fit right at home in my Students Union. If he's not complaining about American actions or lack of them, he's complaining about Israel's. Or predicting a calamity in Baghdad; oh wait, that didn't happen? Well, America are going to fight Syria then aren't they, the warmongers! I bet he eats organic food as well.

MarkG: get your hair cut. It surely can't be nice in the summer months...
    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

"Slowwhand: He will say whatever can he can to stick the needle as far up your ass as possible so that he's sure he'll make you react. I dont think he always means what he says based on a couple of threads all together. Bright, rebellius on poly and 25% troll. "

Goddamnit! What's the big idea? You're outting me!

David Floyd. As much as I disagree with him, he has passion. Anyone with passion over something can't be all bad.

But to paraphrase Hank Hill, if you tell him I'll kick your ass.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Asher: Says what's on my mind exactly, but is not at all tactful about it. Like Donald Rumsfeld.
        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Dudes, atleast 3 to keep it going! Come on!
          -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Comrade Tribune: He has an ok avatar.
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

JohnT: He's closest to a real person this place has to offer, and that's a good thing.

loinburger: His avatar makes me think everything he has to say is funny and insightful.

Laz & The Gimp: He's funny, but this board doesn't let him rip into other posters enough. The thing he wrote about Albert Speer's life was a classic, as was CivNation's diary. However, I refuse to believe real Brits use that many Britticisms.
              "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
              "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

"JohnT: He's closest to a real person this place has to offer, and that's a good thing"

You ass. What am I? A figment of your imagination?

BTW, one of my favorite quotes between posting screens is your "I have the leadership abilities of a small canteloupe".

I like messing with that no-good scoundrel Chegitz.

Also like to mess with Sava, but I play too rough and hurt his feelings.

Monolith has an eerily similar taste in music. Eclectic.

Now, if I can manage a method to make RAH not just ignore me.
                JEE-zus, how I hate that.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Tassadar is ok. Even if he has a butt-ugly cat.

Comment

This type of thread can be quite easily closed if people get too carried away. SO all of the participants

Spectator
                    Boddington's
                    Jaguar Warrior
                    Azazel
                    Stefu

should be careful.

RAH
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I prefer to speak with people rather than about them.
                      So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                      Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

rah: The personable moderator. The only one I've seen reverse a decision. Low stress, easy, respectable. If I had to spend a year on a desert island with one of the mods, it would be rah.
                        Long time member @ Apolyton
                        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

I don't know anybody yet, and I can only make vague speculations about how I seem to others. What little I know thus far about Ming, and about the nature of forum discussions, indicates that he will probably wind up whooping arse all over this thread, but that's about it.
                          How do I seem?

I wish there were a smiley face that lifts one eyebrow ironically so I could insert it here...nertz.
                          1011 1100
                          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Olaf HÃ¥rfagre
                            I prefer to speak with people rather than about them.
                            Dont be such a tight ass man, this is only for fun, not to bash people up. Besides, everyone can read it so it's not like we talking behind their backs.

Spec.

Comment

Ming: Probably the softest hardass I ever met. Good guy, knows how to take a joke, but still draws the line in the sand and will tear you a new one if you cross it.

Albert Speer: Despite the fact that most of his comments end up depicted as trolls, he does seem genuinely curious about many things. When he throws his ideas in, he gets nailed, but he does listen to others, no matter how coldly he rejects them.

Che: Although he doesn't care much for me, Che is the man. I respect his opinion on many things, although i disagree with him a lot on the American political system. He doesn't like my idea of Conservative Commies / Right Wing Communists, calls me a Fascist, etc, etc, but he's a good guy, well versed in manny areas of importance to me.

Boris: a fellow New Yorker, and everbody's favotire homo he's really good with taking jokes, and even fires back at me from time to time. Overall, great guy.

panag: i don't know why, but i love this guy's cryptic postings and his "have a nice day".

pattycakes: he's a character, he is. he likes to add a trollish humor to every thread he invades. I don't know anything between the tensions between Greece and Turkey, but i hear about them every day or so.

Sava: Savas tight. I'm sure if we lived close enough we'd hang out a lot. He seems to click well with me. He's damn funny and always laughs at my jokes. thats probably because i never offended any group he may belong to

the "civ3 demogame mafia":: too many to list, but in the beginning of the demogame we had a hell of a time

Stefu: god damn hillarious. and who doesn't love the leader of an evil group of foriegn nationals bent on world domination, who proclaims "VIRTUAL PENIS SIZE IS IMPORTANT!"?

tired. there are more
                              "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                              - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Working...
                              X