Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The lousy/stupid things you've done for money.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The lousy/stupid things you've done for money.

Laura and I once sacrificed our 8 month-old daughter on the altar of Scientific Advancement for bucks.

No, really, we did. Somebody at the U of TN was doing a graduate study of... something to do with how/if infants memorize things. Baby Sophie had to look at some flashing lights for about 45 seconds, and we got $10 for it. Come to think about it, that baby has made more money on an hourly basis ($800/hour!) by her 8th month than her old man likely will ever.

I also had this really pathetic and boring job making sure all these little shiites properly filled in the circles on their standardized tests. We had to go through the tests (with a #2 pencil of course) and make sure they coded in their name/SS number in properly, and then make sure they filled in the bubbles correctly. Of course, a lot of kids didn't follow the FREAKIN' SIMPLE RULES...

(OK, I'm over it. God that job sucked)

... Anyway, a lot of the little bastiges checked/lined through/whatever instead and it was my job to make sure their lines turned into properly filled out bubbles.

I lasted 5 days at that job, and only that long because my best friend worked there and we'd get... uh, "in the proper mental framework" before our shift started.

Nothing really short term but had a really horrific summer job doing groundskeeping work for billionaries, it just sucks knowing that all the work you're doing (such as raking seaweed off the beach) is absolutely and completely pointless.
    Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

You had to rake seaweed off a rich guy's beach? Didn't that make you feel like a loser?

[Nelson]Ha ha[/Nelson]
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

i got paid for sex
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Really? Did you feel cheap afterwards?

Comment

well considering that it was only 20 bucks, yes, yes i did.
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Ouch. Did that include the tip? We demand details!

Comment

basicly i was at party and this one girl was kinda drunk and flirty. whatever, ill just be nice and play along. well after like five minutes she shoved her hand down my pants and i was like,"we really shouldnt do this". and she said "what can i do to change your mind?"

i told her to pay me whatever she had in her wallet and all she had was a jackson. one of my more regretable moments of my life. afterward doing our thing, she passed out and i went through her wallet. she really was pissed broke but she had a phone card that hadnt been used yet, so i took it.

Comment

LOL!

You banged her and then took her phone card? Dude, that is cold!

Comment

unlike 90% of the youth of america, i dont have a cell phone.

Comment

Normally it happens in reverse. Good job!
                      If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
                        basicly i was at party and this one girl was kinda drunk and flirty. whatever, ill just be nice and play along. well after like five minutes she shoved her hand down my pants and i was like,"we really shouldnt do this". and she said "what can i do to change your mind?"

i told her to pay me whatever she had in her wallet and all she had was a jackson. one of my more regretable moments of my life. afterward doing our thing, she passed out and i went through her wallet. she really was pissed broke but she had a phone card that hadnt been used yet, so i took it.
                        SWEEEEEEEEEEET.
                        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Killing it is the new killing it
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
                          unlike 90% of the youth of america, i dont have a cell phone.
                          This is just too freakin' funny!

Comment

Wait... did you get the phone card and the $20?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
                              Wait... did you get the phone card and the $20?
                              Cha-ching!
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                              X