No announcement yet.

Joy stick.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wild guess....have you disabled the onboard sound in BIOS and well as device manager?

Comment

yep I have. I have disabled it both on the motherboard (with the dip switch) and in the BIOS.

But it says (in the manual and in the BIOS) only soundcard, it doesn't say joystick port, even though there is a joystick port in the embdeded soundcard.

It is very weird to have the blue screen when you simply try to load a joystick driver in the control panel....
      Last edited by Bereta_Eder; April 15, 2003, 08:31.

Comment

in the device manager the embeded (=onboard) soundcard doesnt even show.

There's this yellow exclamation mark, but i dont think that's it.

windows are unable to identify what device this exclamation mark is.

I have disabled it, then tried to load the joystick driver and still i get the blue screen.

Comment

If it was the Logitech Wingman game controller, It come with a big warning not to install the included drivers on Win98 or WinME, on pain of blue screen death, you must download repkacement drivers. Furthermore, if you did do it, its hard to fix.
          Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
          Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
          "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
          From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

joystickology: the science who studies why you cannot install them under win98
            "7. Sobre todo tipo de cosas que no entendemos, mejor es callarse" Ludwig Wittgenstein, Tractatus Logico-Phylosophycus
            "Mas vale un pajaro en la mano....que papa a los quince"
            "No se que armas se usaran en la tercera guerra mundial, pero si se que la cuarta sera con piedras y palos"
            "Recuerde, un pais que tiene principios, tiene fin"

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola
              If it was the Logitech Wingman game controller, It come with a big warning not to install the included drivers on Win98 or WinME, on pain of blue screen death, you must download repkacement drivers. Furthermore, if you did do it, its hard to fix.

It's not the Logitech Wingman. It's just some plain old joystick I had and was in storage untill I acquired this game.

The blue screen comes up when I try to install the driver from the game controllers of the control panel where I choose 2 axis 2 buttons joystic.

Comment

Originally posted by Herzog
                joystickology: the science who studies why you cannot install them under win98
                an evergoing science

Comment

Working...
                X