Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joy stick.

The game pad.

When I tried to install a driver for a joystick in Win98 I got the Blue Screen of Death. And keep getting it whenever I try it.

My PC had an embeded sound card in it with a joystick port.

But I disabled it and got a PCI soundcard which also has a joystick port.

In the system devices I get a yellow exclamation mark for one device and I think it is the joystic port of the embeded soundcard (but I have disabled it).

Could that be the problem that causes the blue screen of death?

Also if I (*cries*) reinstall win98 is it possible that the problem will get away?

I got a nice game F16 Aggresor and I'd like to use a joystick so I don't stall so much.

Thank you.

damnit i thought this was going to be a thread about the song by dazz band.
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

They get the Blue Screen of Death too?

Comment

I've always wonderd why someone came with the name joystick. It's sounds more like something for women if you get what I mean. Maybe it started out as a bad joke between a couple of gay coworkers...

Comment

:Kropotkin: It would be interesting to learn what the entomology of the word "Joystick".
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Etymology. Entomology is the study of insects. Then again, don't feel bad, size allegendly doesn't matter...

Amongst all the sociological discussion if someone has an idea about the question please... don't be shy

Comment

Maybe it just was a freudian slip that tells us a little more than we wanted about the size of Oerdins 'joystick'.

Comment

Hmmm, there is another word which sounds a lot like Entymology which means the study of the origins of words.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Epistemology, the study of the scientific method.
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                    Epistemology, the study of the scientific method.
                    actually i thought it was the study of knowledge and how we come to that knowledge.
                    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

You're right MRT.
                      I think it is pretty close to the scientific method.
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Anything about joysticks? (the game pad?)

Comment

in other words: bumpity bump

Comment

BTW the windows dont say anything about any conflicts not even for that yellow exclamation mark device.

which makes it all the more weird.

is there a hope if i reinstall win98 or would it be a waste of time? and a hussle

Comment

The joystick was invented and named by the Atari corporation in 1977, and the patent holder is Stephen D. Bristow.

Comment

Working...
                              X