No announcement yet.

Best Curry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John's from Georgia and is now in Tennessee.

I'm from New Jersey and now in Georgia.

Curry sucks no matter where you put it. CRAP, CRAP, CRAP .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

What curries have you had Imran?

What about them do you dislike?
      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by Ramo

Hmmm.. isn't John from Georgia too? I think it's time for Operation Infinite Curry to liberate you poor folks from your evil curryless regime.
        I will Shock and Awe you with the deliciousness of my non curry-infested dishes. Be prepared!!!!!
        Last edited by JohnT; April 14, 2003, 19:31.

Comment

Curry Rules!!

I can't believe you knuckleheads don't like it.

Of course you guys (JohnT & Imran) probably both like the Braves, so there goes your credibility.

The best curry, though, is eaten with that smokin' hottie that has lead in "Bend it Like Beckham."
          Be the bid!

Comment

What curries have you had Imran?

What about them do you dislike?

Hmmm... if I estimate that I've had South Asian food 300 days a year (that's a conservative estimate, btw) until I was 18 years of age (taking out year 1, which was baby food), that comes to 5100 eating curry. So, I bet I've tried plenty.

What do I dislike about it? Horrible smell and horrible taste. Nothing redeeming about it.

If I want ethnic food I'll go for Chinese (or Vietnamese... yum) or Mexican.

Of course you guys (JohnT & Imran) probably both like the Braves, so there goes your credibility.

I hate the Braves, Frisco kid .
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

You can't dislike eating it that much if you've had that many surely..

And besides, perhaps those curries you were having are vastly different to those suited to Western tastes that other people on this board enjoy.
              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

You can't dislike eating it that much if you've had that many surely..

Because you love everything your mother fixed you?

perhaps those curries you were having are vastly different to those suited to Western tastes that other people on this board enjoy.

Doubtful... I've been forced to eat in an Indian restaurant before.

Some Indian food is edible, but unfortunetly not much.

Comment

"Because you love everything your mother fixed you?"

No - I gave everything a go, but awful stuff like sprouts and cabbage I've eaten no more than ten times..

"Doubtful... I've been forced to eat in an Indian restaurant before.

Some Indian food is edible, but unfortunetly not much."

Maybe you need to find a dish you like. There's some curries I find revolting come to think of it.
                  www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Maybe you need to find a dish you like.

I do have some that I do 'like' (Nihari, Haleem, Biryani)... but if I eat those dishes any time often, I'd probably end up disliking them greatly. Those dishes, however, I like in spite of them being Indian food (Biryani however, has more Middle Eastern influence... I like ME food) .

Comment

As a regular (ie, could eat it once a week or more) Indian meal goes, I'd have to go with very garlic-y naan bread, some poppodums, saago daal and for the curry: Chicken Dhansak.

However, to treat myself, a nice cold beer and a big, meaty prawn vindaloo is needed.
                      Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                      -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Imran and Mike -- switched at birth?

I've liked most curries I've tried, but I wouldn't call southern cuisine deprived for a lack of curry. They have their own spicy tradition, after all.

I can cook a mean gumbo.
                        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

*drools* Gumbo....

The commercial, standardised and sterilised American export food we get over here does no justice at all to the sheer yummy goodness found in localised cruisines.

I mean, honestly, KFC compared to home-made fried chicken and fluffy, warm buttermilk biscuits (breadrolls to the Brits). Honey, don't even go there.
                          Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                          -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Mmm, I love anything spicy -- including curry! I grew up eating [real] Chinese and Taiwanese dishes, some of which have lots of curry in them.

I have a few friends from India and Sri Lanka; most of them like curry, but one of them absolutely can't stand the stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Sten Sture

You wanna make something of it, boyo?

Comment

Question and you will of course pardon my ignorance of this subject but my Mom used to make curry I think and we had chutny(sp?) and peanuts with it........am I remembering correctly? And possibly coconut? Is that curry?
                                Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                                Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                                Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                                You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

Working...
                                X