No announcement yet.

Hypothetical Cold War Scenario: Russia vs France

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you sure the system was based in SA-8s?.The SA-8 has a range of about 10 km only. I think that for an anti-ICBM system a SA-5 Gammon (300 km) or SA-10 (100 km) would be more adequate.
    Ich bin der Zorn Gottes. Wer sonst ist mit mir?

Comment

I don't remember on what SA it was based (I think I said that) but I thought it was the 8. I cannot ask my father (RIP) so consider that statement null because that's my only source and may have recalled the wrong missile alltogether.

Azazel: the Arrow can do not only the Scud IRBM's but ICBM's too. I had the privilige of working with it's engineers

[edit: must learn how to type!]

Comment

urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Alvaro

Azazel: the Arrow can do not only the Scud IRBM's but ICBM's too. I had the privilige of working with it's engineers
          Care to share some of its secrets or blueprints??
          A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

sure, I'll PM them to you. . everyone in the ZOG has those.
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

The US would have used tactical nukes before it came to this situation.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Did they have tactical nukes in europe? I thought they removed them.
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Nuclear submarines.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

It wouldn't have taken too long to bring them back I think

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Nuclear submarines.

Those aren't tactical.

And the assumption of this scen. is that americans don't give a **** about europe, and don't want all of their people to die. So they don't retaliate.
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Those aren't tactical
                        uhhh yeah they are buddy

A tactical nuke is defined as any nuclear weapon designed for military targets.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

They're not designed for military targets. . They're designed as a weapon of retaliation against a first strike, and they target cities, just like the boys on the surface.

They could be used in a tactical manner, yes, but that doesn't mean they were designed for it, see?
                          urgh.NSFW

Comment

SLBM are tecnically and in terms of warhead load the equivalent of ICBMs = strategic nuclear missiles.

Their warhead power and blast effects make them less than ideal for striking at battlefield targets which is the role of tactical nukes.

Comment

Master Zen.
                              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                              X