Danger! Danger! USAPATRIOT Act to be extended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danger! Danger! USAPATRIOT Act to be extended

The provisions of the USAPATRIOT Act have sunset provisions and are set to go away in 2005. Congress is now talking about removing the sunset provisions and make it permanent.

Contact your Congressman and Senator today!
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

I posted my reservations 'bout this ****e in NO uncertain terms when they first came down the pipe....everybody said I was full of it....that once the crisis passed, they'd fade away.....uh huh....

-=Vel=-
    The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Contact your Congressman and Senator today!

Yes! We must make sure that our representatives make this wonderful piece of legislation permanent!

That's what you meant, right che?
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Orrin Hatch is pushing it from the Senate side, that uptight little dickweed. However, considering the regrets that congressmen expressed after the bill passed, I think this will have a hard time becoming permament.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
          However, considering the regrets that congressmen expressed after the bill passed, I think this will have a hard time becoming permament.
          One Senator voted against it, and less than fifty Congressman did so. Do NOT be complacent! We need to organize to defeat this terribly unAmerican peice of legislation.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

How can a piece of legislation called the Patriot Act be un-American? You're talking crazy, che...
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

What kills me is that Americans would actually name this "PATRIOT Act". I mean, naming any kind of act "PATRIOT Act" is silly enough.

I bet that in 2010 at latest, "FUZZY BUNNIES AND ABRAHAM LINCOLN" act sends anybody any government official anywhere doesn't like to slave labor camps and allows the President to feast on the tender meat of the freshborn baby.
              "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
              "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

What kills me is that Americans would actually name this "PATRIOT Act". I mean, naming any kind of act "PATRIOT Act" is silly enough.

It's not any sillier than "Operation Iraqi Freedom." I don't know when we Yanks starting taking ourselves so seriously, but I don't like it. We should take a page or two from the Brits and come up with some good operation codenames. I loved the whole 007 theme...
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I think Operation Iraqi Liberation would have been better. I bet it would have got acronymized pretty fast, though.

In same vein, "Operation Arabic Freedom" would have been fine...
                  "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                  "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

I heard a rumor that Operation Iraqi Freedom started out with a different name that was too inflammatory, so they changed it. (Like Infinite Justice -> Enduring Freedom.) Anyone else hear anything about this?

I like it better when they have the computer pick the name, and you get stuff like "Operation Azure Badger."

Comment

I miss the good old days of "Operation: Overlord" and "Operation: Anvil".
                      The Germans had some good ones too, "Operation: Citadel", "Operation:Weserubung" (pronounced Vey-se-rue-boong) and so on.
                      http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

I like it better when they have the computer pick the name, and you get stuff like "Operation Azure Badger."

I kinda like that one.
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Velociryx
                          I posted my reservations 'bout this ****e in NO uncertain terms when they first came down the pipe....everybody said I was full of it....that once the crisis passed, they'd fade away.....uh huh....

-=Vel=-
                          The advantage to haveing a never ending war on terrorism is that the crisis never passes, and so the measures stay
                          Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Originally posted by Stefu
                            In same vein, "Operation Arabic Freedom" would have been fine...
                            and that would give us gorunds to head into Syria!

GENIUS!!
                            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Working...
                            X