Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the victim killed an actor in "Scare Tactics", is it homicide, self defence, murde

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kramerman

you would think, but i will never risk the life and safety of my loved ones on that.... im sry that you find this attitude 'repugnant'
    It's also illegal. So you might want to mull on what side of normative morality you'd be on.

And yes, there's a chance the jury would let you go. But I wouldn't be so confident about it. So if nothing else stops you, you might want to think about if it's worth a 50% (or 10%) chance of spending the rest of your life getting raped by Bubba in order to "protect" your family by shooting at a man running away from you at full speed with boxers filled up with his own sh*t.

And it's still repugnant. And I can tell you which way I'd vote if you got me on your jury.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

But you're a Canacom, so you don't count.

BTW, Texas seems to have a much more virulent breed of burglars than California or many other states. Lots of death row inmates/executions involving burglars committing homicides during breakins.
      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Frogger

It's also illegal. So you might want to mull on what side of normative morality you'd be on.

And yes, there's a chance the jury would let you go. But I wouldn't be so confident about it. So if nothing else stops you, you might want to think about if it's worth a 50% (or 10%) chance of spending the rest of your life getting raped by Bubba in order to "protect" your family by shooting at a man running away from you at full speed with boxers filled up with his own sh*t.

And it's still repugnant. And I can tell you which way I'd vote if you got me on your jury.
        If a robber is going to break into my house, he better be damn sure hes prepared to accpet the consequences... if he'll only have the chance to run if hes lucky... but he'll probably just die tired.

And using MtG method, and others, i can probably increase my chances of exoneration.

And unless i had just an insanely intimidating gun, i doubt anyone would run away ****ting their pants... like MtG said, theyll probably just run away and wait and make sure im not home next time.

Have you ever been robbed? Perhaps you do not understand...
        "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
        - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
        Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

O my god, someone made a reality show out of scaring people? That's sick. That reminds of this disturbing movie I saw the other night about a reality show where the competitors are randomly selected and have no choice but to compete, and they have to kill each other. One of them was a pregnant woman, one was a teenage girl, middle-aged nurse, father of three. I don't think that would really happen, but it was freakin' disturbing.

And I agree with everyone MtG said in this thread.

I believe there was a case here in Vegas a couple years ago where a man shot two intruders, one of whom was not only running away, but was out of the house, and I think he was acquitted.
          If playground rules don't apply, this is anarchy! -Kelso

Comment

Originally posted by Kramerman
            And unless i had just an insanely intimidating gun, i doubt anyone would run away ****ting their pants... like MtG said, theyll probably just run away and wait and make sure im not home next time.
            You know, the charging handle on the M-16 variants makes such a nice distinctive sound, and looking up and seeing the business end of that Colt Commando right in his face probably was a career deterrent for that guy. I've never seen eyes get so wide, I still have the crowbar he was using to force my doors, and in the dark, he went flying into the wrought iron fence in the back yard at full speed - I'm sure that had to cost him a few busted ribs.

So in that case, it worked, but a lot of burglars are crackheads or tweakers, and they're not only ****ed up, but hyperaggressive.
            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Vesayen
              If two states would sink into the sea and not be missed-it would be Texas and California.
              after california sinks dont be surprised to see the national economy turn to crap...
              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Same for Texas, MRT. There is a lot of oil that we use down there.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

If I had a gun (which I don't -- and I don't want one), I'd shoot any guy who broke into my house and possessed a weapon of some sort or who came at me. If they don't appear to be threatening to me or are running away, they can just keep on running, I'm not going to go chasing them or shooting at them...

I wouldn't shoot to kill, just enough to let him know who's in control.

Then again, in Canada when someone breaks into your house they apologize...
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Even in the UK if the intruder had a gun you could shoot him. If had a big stick you would be in alot of trouble.

It seems the legal definitions of self defence have no meaning in Texas
                    Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                    Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
                      Once he's out the door, then he's not my problem. Worst case is if you shoot him in the back, then go kick him over and shoot him from the front, too. Good hollowpoints or glasers won't fully penetrate, and without exit wounds, it's pretty hard to tell what came first.

"Gee, in all the confusion I kept firing until he went down. I was just so scared for my little kid's safety. I guess he must have spun around."
                      That probably won't hold up in court if you were being filmed at the time though.

Although in Texas, it might.....

Comment

It's the getting out the door part that's the trick.
                        I'm not going to risk the small chance that I'll miss the ******* outside and hit an innocent party downrange
                        I would have this fear also... if he makes it out of my home, i will not shoot AT him for this reason, but rather chase him off my property and shoot at the ground once or twice to make him think i was shooting at him.
                        Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Rogan Josh

That probably won't hold up in court if you were being filmed at the time though.

Although in Texas, it might.....
                          In Texas, you could shoot the camerman, the producer, and the announcer.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

In Texas, you could shoot the camerman, the producer, and the announcer.
                            Unless, of course, you are a person of color

Comment

As far as I'm concerned, if someone breaks into my house, their ass is mine, whether they are armed with nuclear hand grenades or a semi-menacing staredown.

Rate of fire, bee-atch!
                              Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                              Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X