What Sid Meier has taught me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ThePlagueRat
    Is not USA the biggest consumer of fuel per capita?
    We know they buy large quantities of oil from outside. Not for building units as in civ3, it's actually a luxury in RL. It's not like civ3 where you have 1 oil source and then your okay, but they need more and more. What would happen if all that oil didn't get to the USA? many angry people I guess. What would you do if that was implemented in civ3? An oilwar perhaps?
    My original point was intended to be humourous but the context was changed by the subsequent comment. My response to monolith remains true however. In terms of geopolitics, lots of wars have been fought over the control of luxuries but I cant think of any major wars fought over strategic resources. Only GW1 comes close and even that was outside of the CIV3 game usage of 'stategic resources'.
    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

• Civ 2 taught me that people (and camels!? ) turn grey when they sleep...

Ok, I stole it from an old thread. But everything in the world has been thought of or said before. The thing is to think of it again...

Carolus
      Last edited by Carolus Rex; April 16, 2003, 10:19.

Comment

• Civ3 taught me, that a couple of tank divisions can not prevent a metropolis from defecting to my enemy and just vanish, when it does, while a single warrior with a stone ax is able to burn it to the ground.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sir Ralph
          while a single warrior with a stone ax is able to burn it to the ground.
          Grog is the mightiest!
          If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Working...
          X