No announcement yet.

What Sid Meier has taught me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Civ1 taught me how easy is to conquer the world and make you wonder why no one has ever done it before
    Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
    Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
    miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

Civ2 - a quick way to get rich is to be a Fundamentalist
      Civ2 - it is impossible to move underneth an airplane
      Civ2 - a trireme in a small island city will immediately sink
      Civ2 - you can fit 8 tank divisions on a freighter
      Red Front - the IL-2 was the most powerful weapon in WW2
      Be the bid!

Comment

Civ2 WWII scenarios taught me that if Hitler didn't conquer the whole europe by 1941 it was because he was a moran

Civ2 taught me that all of the citizens of a city can be scientists and tax collectors, they can also imitate Elvis
        Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
        Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
        miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

Colonization tought me that the best thing to do with a criminal is put him in the military.
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Civ2 on King level ++ taught me:

- Eat or be eaten, nuke or be nuked.
            My words are backed with hard coconuts.

Comment

Civ2 on diety taught me to stay loooooow, then sneak to Alpha Centauri

Comment

Originally posted by Demerzel

Sid Meier & Civ 1 taught me that 5 cannons can cross the world, crushing all in their path and make you ruler of the world.
                You better not come a calling in Trolldom

For Fodder you shall be!!

Peace

Grandpa Troll
                Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Civ3 taught me that you can bombard millions in a city in a short time, raze the city, and no one in the world cares.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Civ 2 taught me that when oufitting my throne room, I can;t get any paintings until i have a killer red carpet

civ 3 taught me that all middle eastern palaces are built atop ancient Egyptian structures.

Colonization taught me that silver devaluates much faster than any other good.

Colonization taught me that all European armies wore red in the 1700 hundreds.

Colonization tauhgt me that putting a bunch of Spaniards, frenchmen, Englishmen and Natives in a single room over centuries leads to harmony and independence.
                    If you don't like reality, change it! me
                    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by GePap

Colonization taught me that all European armies wore red in the 1700 hundreds.
                      I was told by someone that the reason English wore Red was that when shot, the blood would not show through as bad and thus they could motivate their troops without them knowing they were wounded.

I was also told that the French wore BROWN PANTS ..

I am not sure what that reason was...but thats what a fellow poster here at Apolyton told me. I tried posting a topic to see if anyone knew the Historical accuracy of this fact?

Peace

Grandpa Troll
                      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by ColdWizard
                        Civ2 taught me that the Pyramids are used to store immense quantities of grain
                        no dammit, the pyramids help you change governments!

civ2 taught me that if you build the Great Wall, everyone HAS to make peace with you. no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                          Civ3 taught me that you can bombard millions in a city in a short time, raze the city, and no one in the world cares.
                          Sava we're supposed to be making humerous comments athat aren't true in reality
                          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Sava we're supposed to be making humerous comments athat aren't true in reality
                            Ah, come one, GePap already ruined that when he pointed out how owning the Statue of Liberty made it possible to have a dictatorship and no onw would care...
                            Gnu Ex Machina - the Gnu in the Machine

Comment

Hueij, Uber - who is that girl?
                              "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                              You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka Naldur
                                Civ2 WWII scenarios taught me that if Hitler didn't conquer the whole europe by 1941 it was because he was a moran

Civ2 taught me that all of the citizens of a city can be scientists and tax collectors, they can also imitate Elvis
                                You aren't this guy are you?

ACK!
                                Attached Files
                                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                                X