X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SpencerH
    SMAC taught me that the clones love me
    You mean the drones, don't you?

Civ taught me that rolling dices can be pretty annoying even when there is no money involved.
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

• drones, clones same thing ............
      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

• Jack:
        Civ3 taught me that iron is rarely used in the modern world for anything except rails, and a surprising amount of military hardware is made of rubber.
        You never got your army-issue condoms?
        Gnu Ex Machina - the Gnu in the Machine

Comment

• 1503 AD taught me that africans spend all their time jumping up and down in the air for no apparent reason.

1503 AD taught me that if you run out of tools you can't build a smithy to make new tools. Your agrarian settlement can still survive for another 100 years or so, however, presumably by digging in the dirt with pointy sticks.

1503 AD taught me that even if it takes 3 months to sail tor your new colony, all the tobacco produced there is instantly teleported to all your urban warehouses.

Comment

• Oooh, let's not forget:
            Command and Conquer taught me that all tank drivers drink heavily before heading out to battle.

*no, you idiot! Don't go around the lake!!!! Just wait for the guy in front of you to get through the gate, and you can get through too!!!! Aaaaaaaargh!!!!*

Comment

• Total Annihilation taught me that human pilots are as easy to duplicate as AI ones.
              Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

• Hey, this is a "Sid Meier taught me" thread, stop threadjacking it.
                I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

• " Civ3 taught me that no matter how large a continent I control there will always be some resource I lack."

Take some courses in geopolitics and you'll see just how true this is.
                  "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                  Drake Tungsten
                  "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                  Albert Speer

Comment

• Originally posted by monolith94
                    " Civ3 taught me that no matter how large a continent I control there will always be some resource I lack."

Take some courses in geopolitics and you'll see just how true this is.
                    Yes, iron, coal, and saltpeter are such rare elements. Please feel free to start another thread and enlighten me as to the geopolitical wars that have been fought over a countries requirement for a strategic resource (as used in civ3).
                    Last edited by SpencerH; April 11, 2003, 19:42.
                    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

• Is not USA the biggest consumer of fuel per capita?
                      We know they buy large quantities of oil from outside. Not for building units as in civ3, it's actually a luxury in RL. It's not like civ3 where you have 1 oil source and then your okay, but they need more and more. What would happen if all that oil didn't get to the USA? many angry people I guess. What would you do if that was implemented in civ3? An oilwar perhaps?
                      My words are backed with hard coconuts.

Comment

• Colonization has taught me that the revolutionary war never ended becuase the Americans sank all the british ships... before the british sent their full force over... so, therefore, a peace treaty was never signed
                        -->Visit CGN!
                        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

• Sid Meier has taught me that a single great game is only a single great game. It doesn't prove you're a genius.

Also if somebody comes along and does something better than you do, you're not going to win back your reputation by taking it to bits and simplifying it.

Sid Meier has also taught me that I'm no longer entertained by "hilarious" leader figureheads. It may have worked for Civ, but the people who played that when it came out are now 10 years older. 13 year old teens are now 23 year old gamers who won't take nursery school humor sitting down.
                          "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

• Civ3 has taught me that when both you and your enemy is near death, no one can retreat from the battle. and that one of you must die!

SMAC taught me that the greenpeace tree hugging hippies can turn instantly into money loving greedy pigs once you conquer them. (and will beahve as such too)
                            :-p

Comment

• Civ3 has taught me that if your people are very scientific, you can only make 1 breakthru in technology per ages.
                              :-p

Comment

• Civ2 taught me that allies routinely threaten their friends with nuclear weapons.

SMAC taught me that the U.N. was actually functional, and can unite Earth to build a massive spaceship to another star.

SMAC also taught me that, though the UN could accomplish this mighty feat, a transendant civilization with teleportation technology cannot.

Civ3 taught me that modern tanks are made out of kevlar.
                                "The Enrichment Center is required to inform you that you will be baked, and then there will be cake"
                                Former President, C3SPDGI

Comment

Working...
                                X